My Second Mistake: giving in your darkness

My second mistake was in my sixth year. Draco had been given an assignment by the dark lord and he kept pushing me away. But instead of letting him, I was trying to hold on and accept his darkness.

Flashback to the 6th year

It was our 6th year and we were on our way to Hogwarts. Draco had been ignoring me the whole way there, but I decided to not ask about it until we got there. But he wasn't only ignoring me, he was also ignoring the others. Why was he being this way?

After dinner and the sorting, we got back to the common room and I asked Draco if I could talk to him. He still ignored me so I took his hand and took him to my dorm.

'Draco, what's wrong? You've been ignoring me ever since the train ride.'

'I don't want to do this, not right now.'

'Oh, you don't want to do this right now, funny.' I thought about how angry I sounded, I tried to sound a bit more chill.

'Tell me Draco, why are you being like this? You know you can trust me.'

'I wanna break up.'

'What?' I couldn't believe what I was hearing. We stared at each other for a hot minute until I couldn't control it anymore. He knew this was coming, one of my fun traits, my rants.

'You wanna break up? Fine, break up with me. Break my fucking heart. But first tell me why, why after all this time, after me telling you that I love you, you decide to ignore me for a whole summer, and now out of nowhere you wanna break up. Why Draco tell me why?!'

'Don't use your voice at me like that, it makes me very angry y/n!'

'Oh, I'm gonna use my voice, I'll be so fucking rude. I'm so fucking tired of sharing everything and getting nothing in return.'

'You want something in return?'

I nod.

'Take my hand.'

'Why should I?'

'Please, I wanna take you somewhere so you know I still care.'

'Take me where?'

'My spot.'

'Okay then, I'll come with you.'

Draco told me about his spot, but he never brought me there.

'I only come here alone but I guess I can make an exception for once, for you.'

We got to what I guess was his spot which was the astronomy tower and he told me to close my eyes.

'Why?' I asked.

'Just do as your told for once y/n.'

The sound of his voice sounded shaky, something was definitely wrong. I closed my eyes and as soon as I did I felt his hands on my hips, guiding me upstairs.

His touch makes all the butterflies in my stomach awake again like they had a winter sleep ever since he started to ignore me.

Ever since things went wrong.

Ever since he joined him.

We came upstairs and all I could do was stare at his face, he looked sad and scared, why.

'Draco, are you okay?'

'Do I look okay to you,' he shouted at me.

'I'm worried about you Draco, I wanna be there for you. No matter what.'

'What if I don't want you there.'

Him saying that, broke me because I couldn't possibly imagine myself doing anything without him. He knew, he knew I couldn't live without him. I simply ignored what he just said and when I wanted to say something he said.

'What if it's dangerous?'

Seriously what if it's dangerous. This guy really did not know what I would do for him. What I would give up for him. And what I already gave up.

'What's life without a little danger?' I said.

Draco did not say anything, it's like someone is taking the words from him, like he can't say what is going on with him. I was trying to read him, but he had his shield up, not letting me through about what he is thinking. I might not know how to read someone's thoughts but I'm a good guesser.

'Draco, tell me what's up, is it your dad? Is it about school?' I did not want to ask the next question but I had to.

'Draco, is it about me?'

'No, no god no, y/n I love you, no matter what, but we can't be together anymore.'

'Why do you keep saying that! You're not making any sense Draco.'

'I'm dangerous y/n.'

'And I don't care about that. What is the real reason?!'

'I joined him, I joined him okay? Is that what you wanted to hear?'

'Draco, I- I'm-.'

'Don't even try.'

'But I want to Draco, I want to try.'

'I don't want you to end up like my mom. Just like I'm ending up like my dad.'

'You're nothing like your dad Draco,'

'O no? Explain this then.' He showed me the dark mark. But when he did, I wasn't scared. I felt more hypnotized by it actually. I've always felt attracted to the dark, so it didn't surprise me. But how could I be so captivated by something so dangerous, so awful, so full of hate?

Draco changes the way I see things, Draco changes me. And what if I did want to end up like his mom. I met her once, she is beautiful and so strong and full of love. But Draco could not see it, just like he could not see this ending well.

'No, I don't have to explain anything, I know you're good. I wouldn't be with you if I thought you were a bad person. And if it's alright with you, I'd rather stay than be a coward and leave. I'd rather give in and share the darkness than let it consume you all the way. I'm staying, now and always.'