Part 1 : I need you

It was due to Carlton Triangular Series that MS had return to Australia much sooner than expected. It was the first limited over match he would play after his test retirement.

"Can I sit here?" Virat asked Jinks gesturing towards the empty sit beside him in bus which Jinks had kept reserve for Rohit.

"Ro and Rahuliya are sitting at back." Virat added briskly as he noticed Jinks' eyes moving towards Rohit.

Jinks nodded quietly and Virat sat beside him. The test series was over and they had to stay in different hotel for the Tri Series where the team was heading to.

Virat tried several time to initiate a conversation but failed each time he saw the accusation in his best friend's eyes. I deserve it! Virat would say and refrain himself from talking to anyone. But today he wanted to try.

"Jinksy?" Virat said tentatively.

Jinks just looked at him without saying anything.

"Talk to me at least!" Virat said dejectedly. "You guys aren't talking to me properly since.."

"Since? Complete the sentence, Virat!" Jinks said lastly. "You don't want to, right? Because it hurts, isn't it, Virat?"

"Jinksy, I-" Virat looked helpless.

"I know you're guilty, Virat!" Jinks said.

"Don't look at me like that. I know you better!" Jinks said as he saw Virat's confused face. "It's written all over your face that you're guilty but the problem is your sorry can't mend the things this time probably."

"Don't say that, Jinksy." Virat said in a hoarse whisper.

"Why? Just imagine, Virat, if talking about his retirement is hurting you so much then how much it would have hurt us when he announced his retirement! Because we hadn't lost our senses like you then also!" Jinks said accusingly.

Virat was absolutely speechless.

"You lost him, Virat!" Jinks said disappointedly.

"You lost him and you lost us too!" Rohit said, coming towards them and Virat looked at him shocked.

In their conversation, Jinks and Virat didn't realise that they had reached the hotel and everyone else already started getting down from bus.

"Yes, Virat, you lost him and us too!" Rohit repeated without looking at him.

"Ro.." Virat felt he couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"You earn him back and you will earn us back too!" Rohit said, this time looking at Virat.

Rohit didn't know what he sounded like but from his side he knew it was a desperate request.

Virat got up and left the bus as soon as his legs could carry him.

Rohit sighed in helplessness as Virat left. Jinks looked as much crestfallen.

"I can't see him like this!" Rohit whispered to Jinks. Please, make things normal soon, Vi! I miss you! I miss my best friend! Rohit couldn't think beyond this.
--------------------------------------

Everyone entered the hotel and Virat went to reception for doing some formalities while everyone else stood in the hall.

"When will Mahi Bhai reach?" Rohit asked to no one in particular.

"Tomorrow probably." Ash replied.

"Excuse me, Sir, sorry to interrupt but he is already here. Sir reached here few hours back." The manager said as he heard Rohit.