Part 3 : Never lost him

Ever felt jealous, hurt, possessive and guilty, all at same time?

If it was possible to actually feel all these at same time then Virat was feeling each of them at highest peak right now.

Virat was passing by Mahi's room when he heard voices coming out and as the door was opened, Virat stopped to see and what he saw made him fume in jealousy and extremely hurt and possessiveness kicking in and sick with guilt! If it was possible, of course!

The whole team was gathered in Mahi's room and everyone was settled around Mahi on the bed. Rohit and Bhuvi on either sides of Mahi Bhai, Ash and Jinks lying across him and Jaddu in front was probably narrating one of his Jamnagar stories again.

Virat felt jealous and possesive like always, watching all of them around Mahi Bhai. It was his right to cling to Mahi Bhai like that!

At the same time, Virat felt hurt and guilty that he never cared to talk to Mahi Bhai even once after so much happened. He lost his right himself!

Virat saw all of them and it reminded Virat of old days when everything was fine... When Virat used to be fine! He noticed how everyone was relaxed around Mahi Bhai. He knew Mahi Bhai was someone all of them looked up to, Virat himself more than anyone else but may be he was so lost that he didn't realise this while driving Mahi Bhai away.

For once, even Bhuvi was clinging to Mahi Bhai, resting on his shoulders like a kid. For once, even Jinks was carelessly lying on bed using one of Mahi Bhai's legs as pillow, not caring about how immature it looked. For once, even Jaddu and Ash were being childish, not savage. Just because it was Mahi Bhai!

Virat's face was adorned with a fond smile looking at his brothers who were his family but at the same time his heart broke by the thought of losing them. How could he ever live with that?!

"Why did you leave us midway, Mahi Bhai? We missed you so much!" Rohit said suddenly.

Everyone shifted uncomfortably even at the mention of that topic and Mahi could see how each of them tried to inch closer to him as Rohit said that.

"When did I ever leave you, Ro? I was, and will always be with you guys. If not as a captain, then as an elder brother!" Mahi said with a smile and that pretty much drew smile on everyone's face.

Virat suddenly looked up.

If not as a captain, then as an elder brother!

Mahi Bhai said the same thing, right?

Virat smiled broadly after so long. It wasn't a professional or fake smile he was giving to others for months now, it was a genuine one.

"I know what I need to do!" Virat muttered to himself and smiled looking at others before walking away.

How do you always say exactly what I need to listen, Mahi Bhai?
----------------------------------

Next two days, Virat didn't try to escape facing Mahi Bhai at all. Instead he was hovering around Mahi Bhai all the time trying to find a chance to be with him anyhow. He was hesitant but he knew this was the only way he could reach out to Bhai.

As Mahi Bhai said, If not as a captain, then as an elder brother!

Then he had to preach what he taught. If not as a captain, then Mahi Bhai has to forgive me as an elder brother! Virat believed and worked according to the same.

Virat wanted to make Mahi Bhai feel the same. He wanted to make Mahi Bhai treat him like a little brother like before. And he himself wanted to be nothing but a little brother to Mahi Bhai.