Leaving Her.

Daryl's POV

I feel my knees buckle out from under me as I listen to Maggie sob over her sister. I fall, still holding Beth close to me. I pull her closer to my body and hug her. She's limp in my arms and Maggie is sobbing infront of me. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I can hear Michonne trying to soothe me, telling me to let her go and that it's time to go. 

Beth Greene is dead. All hope is lost.

Glenn is now holding Maggie and I am still holding onto Beth tightly. I don't look up from staring at her face, all I want to see is her. Even with the bullet wound at the top of her forehead she's beautiful. She's always been beautiful. 

The next thing I hear, over Maggie's sobs, is growling. I quickly look up and theres a small herd of walkers approaching us. I freak out, not knowing what to do with Beth's body. I know she's dead, but she doesn't deserve to be eaten by those damn walkers. It's not what I would want for her. She deserves better. I quickly stand and yell for Tyreese. He opens a car door and I slide Beth's body into the passenger seat. I kiss her forehead quickly and I shut the door. I'm still crying, as I run to Rick, helping him fight off the hoard of walkers. "We've got to go!" I hear Abraham yell. He's climbing into the drivers seat of the firetruck and Glenn is half dragging Maggie into the truck. 

When everyone is in the truck, Abraham begins driving away. I look back to see the hoard of walkers following us, leaving just a few surrounding the car that I left Beth in. I am already regretting leaving her body there. Maggie is sitting in the passanger seat of the truck beside Abraham. She's not crying anymore. But, I've seen that look somewhere before. That look of despair, and not wanting to go on. I have seen it on none other but the beautiful Beth. When we were back at the farm and she cut her wrists trying to kill herself. I saw her on that bed, with the same look that Maggie has now. 

I don't know what to feel, right now. I've lost her. I've lost the sunshine in my life. I've lost the hope. I've lost the girl whom I loved. I loved her. I still love her. There's no way possible that I will ever love anyone as much as I love her. Why is she gone? Why did I have to leave her body? Why couldn't we just leave when Dawn asked for Noah? 

Soon I feel my body drifting off into a numbness and I fall slowly into a deep sleep.