lockdown [daan and beth]

*This is happening during the first wave of Covid and they are in lockdown*

Daan's pov:

"Baaaabbbbyyy?" I yelled as I got home.

"I'm in the living room, Daan," I heard Beth's voice.

I took off my mask, quickly ran to the bathroom, washed my hands and went to see what Beth was up to.

She was sitting by the table, doing one of her puzzles. I don't really like puzzles myself, but I very much enjoy watching her do them.

I slowly went up to her and said 'boo' when I was close enough. Naturally, she got scared and almost hit me with her puzzle box.

B: How was your walk?

D: What?

B: You said you were going on a walk and wanted
some alone time, didn't you?

D: Oh yeah, right. Sorry, I-

She got up in the middle of my sentence, gave me a hug and said, "I know I can be a bit too much. And I understand how important alone time is. So I don't want you to feel guilty for taking some time for yourself."

"Aren't you the most precious little human in the entire world?" I said with a smile.

"Did you just call me little? Honey, hate to break it to you but y-," she tried saying something but I kissed her so she wouldn't finish her sentence.

"Let's change the subject," I mumbled.

"YES!! Right. I almost forgot. I got you something, babe. Close your eyes," she said and covered my eyes. Her hands were so cold but it felt really good, kind of refreshing.

Beth's hands are almost always cold and mine are way too warm. That makes us a perfect couple because we balance each other out hehe. Besides, I always have a reason to hold her hands, which she doesn't mind.

While I was thinking about our perfection, she led me to the couch and went to bring her surprise.

"You can open them now," she said and handed me a box.

D: You are not pranking me with those snake toys again, are you? I don't want another heart attack.

B: Hahahaahahah. No, idiot. It was a one time thing.
I thought it would be funny.

D: Oh, let me tell you, opening a box and seeing a toy snake is not even remotely funny.

B: I'm sorrryyy Daans, I won't do that anymore. I promise.

D: Aha, yeah. Are you crossing your toes right now?

B: Stoooppp doubting meee. But yes, I am, in fact, trying to cross my toes right now.

I let out a sigh. To be honest, I do love her little pranks. They scare the shit out of me at first, but then we laugh about it for hours. Keeps us entertained.

"It's safe, baby, I promise. Open it," she said and handed me the box.

I opened it and saw a frame. It was upside down so I didn't see the picture but I was already excited to see what it was.

I turned it around and almost burst out crying. It was a picture from my 100th national appearance game against Russia.

this was actually hanging in their house

this was actually hanging in their house. i recently noticed it in one of Beth's tiktoks (the pants party tiktok lol)

"I knew how much that game meant to you and I thought we could have a constant reminder of that in our house. Besides, you look like an absolute angel in that picture," she said and came to sit by me on the couch.

"Thank you, baby. I love it so much. And the fact that you got it for me makes it even more meaningful," I gave her a little forehead kiss. "Don't get too comfy on the couch, though. We need to leave the house soon," I said.

"Why? There is nowhere to go anyways and we have already went on our morning walk. I just want some cuddles tonight," she said.

"I prepared a little surprise for you, babe. Sorry I lied to you earlier, but I didn't go on a walk. I was setting everything up for tonight," I said and felt her move in my arms so she could look at my face.

I had rented a little country house for a couple of days. We had been stuck in these four walls for too long and a change of scenery wouldn't hurt.

Of course, I followed every safety rules to make sure we wouldn't be exposed to the coronavirus.

The home owner had left the keys for the house under the rug and I paid him online, so there was no in-person interaction between us.

I had secretly packed our bags and hid them under the bed, so Beffy wouldn't notice and ruin my surprise.

Today I finally went to the house to get it ready for our little getaway. On my way, I went to the store and got some fairy lights, flowers, candles, food, our favorite wine, and candy.

When I got there, I took everything out of my car, organized the groceries and our clothes, decorated the front porch with the lights, put the candles in our bedroom, got the firewood ready for our campfire, and sprayed the entire house with Beth's favorite scent. She is a sucker for good smelling environments.

After all that preparation, it was finally time to go and rest.

The car ride was not too long, but we got to have a lot of fun. We were singing so loudly that a couple of passing cars gave us dirty looks. Did we care? Of course not.

Between the songs, I could feel Beth's stares on me. It felt so nice to have someone who looks at you with so much love. I don't think I have ever felt so loved in my entire life.

We finally got there and Beth's mouth was wide open in surprise.

B: Don't tell me you did all of this on your own.

D: No, Joe Montemurro came and helped.

B: Wait, really?

D: No, dummy. Of course he didn't help. He was just sitting there watching me work.

B: Shut up.

D: Shut me up.

B: Say less...

We made out for a while, until we realized we were both hungry. I ordered us some pizza and sushi, took out the wine, got the fire started, grabbed the blankets, and led Beth to the brightly lit porch.

The food arrived and we finished everything off in a matter of minutes. After that we remained cuddling by the beautiful fire, under our warm blankets. We talked for a really long time about every single topic in the world.

Then we unconsciously decided to enjoy each other's presence in silence. So we lied there, safely in each others arms, more in love than ever before.

thanks for reading this))) hope you have a great day <3

-

march 17, 2021