goodbye [daan and beth]

Daan's pov:

Daan's pov:

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock...

I sat there, looking at the clock on our wall, trying to freeze the time. I couldn't, though. The minutes seemed to go faster and faster, one racing after the other.

It hit 3:50am and I knew I couldn't waste any more time. I stood up and went to our bedroom.

Beth was still sleeping. I wasn't able to shut my eyes for a single second that night, but I was glad she was able to fall asleep.

We had gone to bed holding each other as tight as we could because it would be a forever later when we would be in each other's arms again.

I felt her fall asleep clinging to my body. Her soft breaths perfectly timed, peacefully following one another.

That moment was too ideal to swap it with sleep. A bit later I checked the time and saw that it had already been two hours.

I tried to go to sleep, but was unable to. I just laid there, enjoying Beth's warmth against my body and the fresh smell of her shampoo.

Even though I felt peaceful as ever, I had to get up and check if I had packed everything.

And there I was, 30 minutes later, standing by the bed, looking down at Beth. The lights in our room were turned off, except for her bedside lamp that shone a soft golden light on her face.

I sat down by her and whispered, "Beffie, wake up, honey."

She did not react in any way.

I put my hand on her cheek and gently stroked it, calling her name again.

She opened her eyes and as soon as she saw me, she threw herself into my arms.

"Careful, love, you just woke up. Don't hurt yourself," I said, kissing her neck that was exposed right in front of my face because of our hug.

She didn't say anything and held on tighter.

"You don't have to drive me to the airport, baby. You can go back to sleep," I told her.

She pulled away from our hug and started rubbing her eyes with the back of her hands. Cupping my face, she said, "I want to," and kissed my nose.

Smiling, I told her to get up because I had something to show her.

She quickly threw on a t-shirt and shorts, following me to the living room, holding my hand.

"I got you something," I told her, as I grabbed the box from our table.

"Daaaaaan, stop getting me stuff," she said, putting her arm around my waist.

"I saw it online and couldn't resist."