10

I meant it when I told you I would changeMeant it when I told you I would staySick of talkin' on the phone, babeTime to pack your car and come to my stateCome to my place, look at my face, oh, yeahYou know I ain't playin'I'll send you some money, ...

Meant it when I told you I would stay
Sick of talkin' on the phone, babe
Time to pack your car and come to my state
Come to my place, look at my face, oh, yeah
You know I ain't playin'I'll send you some money, yeah, hop in the car
And get on the road, here we go
Baby, I can't lie
I'm a little bit, I'm a little bit scared right now, girl, girl, yeah

YOU'RE SPECIAL - NF

♠️♠️♠️

A L T H E A

I was hurt, broken and misunderstood. Evan clearly didn't understand the pressure I was under. Maybe he was used to this but I wasn't and he wasn't seeing that. I'd been sleeping in the guest room, trying to clear my head. With the funeral and the announcement in 2 days, I didn't have time for this.

I tossed and turned in the bed again, thinking about our explosive argument. The minute the words left my mouth, I felt a tremendous guilt. Evan was right. I had been neglecting him, but he was being selfish in my opinion. It's not like I wanted to work late and not see him. I missed us just talking and laughing and cuddling just as much as he did but I needed to become stronger for him and for this whole pack.

For the first time, I had a responsibility that I was happy to work for. There were no forced expectations that came with becoming a Luna. I wanted to help protect everyone in the pack. I wanted t0 be there for Evan. But I needed to be better. I knew from the moment, Evan started taking me around to meet different people he grew up with, that worked in the pack house, that they were judging. I could feel the disappointment and though they wouldn't say it to my face, I could feel that they were thinking it. It was all in their eyes. Werewolves  aren't as secretive with their emotions as they think.

I turned again on my side. I was uncomfortable. I'd not slept in a bed without Evan for a while and I felt unsatisfied. I look across to the alarm clock on the beside table. The luminous red numbers read 3:46 am. I knew Evan was sleeping outside the door. I was partly grateful for that, but I was still angry with him.

After the fight, I went straight to the pack alchemist and worked. I even stayed later than I needed. I was just so angry with him and a little freaked out but the outburst I had. I knew I'd be able to cast spells and create runes and all these things but I didn't know that I could have random bursts of energy  tied with emotions. I should've seen it coming. I felt stupid at that.

I got off the bed and heard Evan shuffling outside the door before I swung the door open, him falling back, his head landing by my feet.

"I'm so sorry." I blurted out,  my eyes closed, scared for another outburst.

He got up quickly and was now on his knees, his head down in submission. I stepped back confused and unsure of what was happening.

"I'm sorry Althea. I- I didn't even think about how all the was affecting you. I was being selfish. I was being stupid. I convinced myself that you didn't care about me as much as you did for getting stronger and I allowed it to cloud my judgement." I could hear his voice cracking. The whole ordeal was making me emotional and I didn't want to cry.

"I'm so proud of you for working so hard. I am lucky to have O Desmós with a woman like you. From now on, I will be here for you. I'll wait for you. I am so sorry, I love you Althea. I am so so sorry." By this point, Evan had allowed himself to become fully vulnerable in front of me.

(The Bond)

I'd read about mates in the books Ares had given me. His father was adamant that I understood the importance of O Desmós and even hinted, questioned me of being unfaithful. Something I wouldn't let Evander know.

(The Bond)

Evan being on his knees, and crying with his head down in front of my was the ultimate sign or respect for werewolf mates and here he was.

I knelt down in front of him, touching his shoulder for him to look at me, "I love you. I am so sorry for neglecting you. I too will do better to be there for you. I'm sorry Evan." I sniffed as I wiped away his tears and mine.

I gave him small apologetic smile, a smile which he returned before placing his lips on mine. Something I underestimated how much I missed.

"I love you"

♠️♠️♠️