Chapter Three

Crickets sang noisily, almost obscuring the whirring of the small crowd surrounding, all eyes on the scene.

"This is the third this week," Crime scene investigator Park Jin-young says, gazing at the crimson stains dragged on the snow. Soon, it revealed a body of a girl with her insides. . . wrecked.

"I've confirmed the alibi of the hunters around the city." A female voiced out her assumption. "No witnesses. I asked around the village nearby, they don't recall hearing something in the forest last night." She explains, wiping her nose with the back of her finger.

Detective Yoo Jeongyeon. That's her name.

"Our third? Isn't the killer too skilled?" A feminine scent entered Jeongyeon's senses causing a frown to display on her face after recognizing that familiar smell. It was Park Jimin who beamed in.

"Then why would the killer leave her here?" Jin-young asks for more assumptions.

Two missing people were discovered at the Yeorun Memorial Lot, and only their wrecked bodies remained. There were no leads, and the police were equally baffled and horrified.

Detective Yoo Jeongyeon is intrigued.

Jeongyeon tilted her head. "Perhaps. . ." Jeongyeon offered up possibilities to Jimin and Jin-young. The two turned to Jeongyeon. "The killer is trying to send a message." Jin-young sighed before nodding diligently. His uniform made his always-stoic face seem intimidating as usual.

He clicked his tongue before turning to Jimin. "Where is the college student who saw the body?"

"'Oh, she's. . ." Jimin frowned when he looked around. The woman who saw the body isn't near the sight and mysteriously disappeared when Jimin clearly told her to stay at the scene. "Gone. She left," Jimin deadpans, sighing in annoyance.

"Did you get her name?" Jeongyeon asks. "Yeah, I did. She's a student from Yeorun University." Jeongyeon simply scoffed: "Typical Yeorun student. I'll drop by the University. What's her name?"

"Tzuyu Chou."

On the fourth floor of the Yeorun Girls' Dorm, there stood two women staring at each other. One is shock while the other one is smug.

"Hi. . . front-door neighbor," Everyone knows how notorious Minatozaki Sana is. Drunk or sober, she's wilding. Every day. Every night.

"Aren't you too familiar?" The corners of her lips twitched into a smirk with a hint of sultry and mischief.

No one would look at the girl with the angelic smile and the delicate skin and conclude that she was anything less than perfect, considering how relatively popular she was. But her. . . being a playgirl, was ultimately, a huge flaw.

Let's get it straight, or not, Minatozaki Sana is a lesbian. Despite it, her revelation of her sexuality isn't a hindrance for her to stop being. . . herself.

Coming from a well-educated slash wealthy family, Sana can't find any nicer way to put this into words but her family were assholes. And Sana prefers it that way. Sana's parents were unaware of her sexual awakening during her high school days — They just discovered Sana in her space, kissing a female she sneaked in through her window, up until the week before the summer break.

Minatozaki Sana was the epitome of rebellion.

Her father has been a politician in this shitty town for decades. Entered yet, another election and it was another success. All her life, her family's reputation has been affecting her personal life. She despised her father for using her sexuality for his political acts: publicly accepting Sana as a 'whole' and other shitty stuff. She was known as the Mayor's daughter, The Greatest Playgirl, or like, the Princess of Yeorun Valley.