Chapter Seven

The students of Yeorun Girls Dormitory awoke to a morning unlike any other as the sun peaked above the horizon and sent a pale light through the hazy windows of the institution.

Unbeknownst to them, a lurking horror was waiting ominously, preparing to transform their supposedly peaceful morning into a nightmare.

The locals noted a strange silence, which they saw as the first indication of grief. There were strangely no morning talks, laughter, or the customary noises of shuffled feet. Everyone was warily exiting their lodgings, and as they did so, a freezing aura that sent shivers down their spines filled their hearts with unease.

Singer Wendy among 3 mysteriously slain at Yeorun Valley

That was the headline of the news today. It was heartbreaking that after a loud day yesterday, it will be a grieving day today.

Son Seung-wan, famously known as Wendy, was a senior student here at Yeorun University. Light whispers spread among the residents, each recounting their own experiences with the polite singer. 

However, Y/N couldn't care any less. 

She walked with her head held high like the devil with no remorse, even yawning then and there. Again, she caught no sight of Nayeon when she woke up. She thanked the Gods whoever Dahyun firmly believed in.

When Y/N reached the stairs, she saw a small group next to the balcony of the overview of the stairs, they were five girls; Y/N recognized two. 

She remembered that it was the girl who was with that good-for-nothing jerk who insulted Dahyun because of their booth. Y/N's actually good with people's faces. 

Then, she spotted Minatozaki Sana.

Y/N also noticed they were comforting the lady who was tearing up, probably sad because of the news of Wendy who was slain just recently. 

Sana's eyes caught Y/N's gaze on Irene, then it landed on her. Sana kept her empathetic expression, she was the first one to break off her eye contact with Y/N.

Propped herself just outside the girls' dormitory's entrance, Jihyo came into view wearing a white buttoned-down shirt, and her expression was so solemn.

"Oh. . . hey—" Y/N immediately cut her greetings short when Jihyo avoided the younger like a plague. 

Ever since their interaction just yesterday, Jihyo couldn't look her in the eye anymore. What did Y/N say wrong anyway?

The students from Yeorun University gathered in the evening at the main hall of the institution. It was a tradition that by the end of the month, all students must celebrate a festive dinner. Except, the vibe wasn't so vibrant today. 

Y/N didn't do much in the morning, she was busy making changes in her units, college life isn't exciting (never) at least, not yet. 

"Hey, Han. . ." It was Lisa. 

Y/N was still munching her roasted drumstick when she lowered herself in front of Y/N. "Do you want to go out for a walk? I have to tell you something," 

Y/N noted that Lisa looks a bit edgy. Her teeth were a bit shaky as she spoke. 

"No—"

"I'll be waiting for you outside." Lisa hurriedly said before she jogged away, effectively getting some people's attention. Even Sana who was just two tables away. 

Y/N sighed before she took a sip of her apple juice. She wiped the side of her lips before standing up to make her way outside. 

Sana looked distinctly at the figure strutting as she made her way to the grand doors. "Have you guys seen Jihyo?" Sana asks her friends, eyes still lingering on Y/N's.