Chapter 8: Answers

It was like this; there would be a nice afternoon, the tables would be set, clans meeting together. The Hokage would enter and the area would be filled with joyous laughter. Sarada fled to accompany Chocho, and Boruto would be off playing video games with Inojin and Shikadai, Himawari would most probably hitch-hike with Sarada and the scenery would flow into a harmonious setting.

Kaito and Kara were a chaotic duo, with not much time to participate in formalities. Both abstained from accompanying ninja because both hated to be labeled by the shinobi standards. Small talk usually led to interrogations, and interrogations to rather predictable aftermaths. Both were drunk on the feeling of adrenaline, they didn't have time to hear the previous era's philosophy on the purpose of shinobi.

It was a period of peace, and in a period of peace, there was no need to question life and death. That was a far distant world that they didn't have to encounter.

The villagers loved Kaito and Kara.

It was a long-standing relationship of chivalry. In the civilian world, they weren't the trouble-making duo, but rather the celebrities of a higher world; the last of the Uchiha and Senju heir. Civilians held onto history, in a way shinobi did not, ninja remembered events in despair and grudges and the villagers when the economy was best and peace reigned.

To them, Kara and Kaito were the royalty of a different era, children destined to earn greatness for the village. The only ones more notorious than the duo were the Hokage's children. Kaito was charming, and Kara had an excellent memory, both earning a good reputation.

"She's blind?!" Kara exclaimed.

"She got hit by poisonous gas back in the Second Shinobi War," Kaito nodded, "Lives with her civilian grandchildren now."

"How do you know her?" Kara asked, they were walking down the streets that led to the outskirts of Konoha, the buildings had become less modern, and more rural.

"I met her a while back when I obaa-san first brought me here," Kaito answered, "She's very...chaotic."

Kara side-glanced him, she often let Kaito take her places she usually would never agree to go, but after the incident when he accidentally brought her into the red-light district she had decided to ensure that things wouldn't get too out of hand. Not to mention the time he'd gotten them caught by the police and she had to pull up a split second genjutsu to ensure that they didn't get caught. As amusing as it was, Kara could say she would one-hundred percent prefer to go to jail, then get a call home, which would most likely have happened.

"Define chaotic," Kara said in response.

"She's a little off her rocker," Kaito responded, his eyes fleeing to his surroundings, "And the things she says are a little crazy." Kara raised her eyebrows as if to say she was not at all impressed.

"Look," Kaito said, catching her expression, "She may be a little crazy, but she also doesn't round the edges. She says things out-right. There was this time asked her what it was like during the war, and she told me instead of asking her, I should try choking on my blood and actually learn what it felt like."

"Wow," Kara said sarcastically.

"Whatever," Kaito flung his arms into the air, "You have someone to ask, you offer. We both know that neither of us has any relatives that lived before the Third Shinobi War."

"There's Kakashi-sama," Kara disagreed.

"Oh yeah," Kaito looked over at her in disgruntlement, "Then you ask the sixth Hokage why two thousand of your relatives disappeared."