Chapter 4

Mermaid Scale

-Thursday-

When I wake up it's still dark, so I look at the time and it's barely 4:32 A.m. I pull out my laptop from under my bed and go online and start to watch Assassination Classroom. After about 9 episodes you look at the time for it to be 7:50! You only had 25 minutes before school started so you quickly changed, ate waffles, and brushed your teeth. But not having enough time to do your hair so but it in a ponytail. But having 5 minutes left to spare you brought your laptop, and money for lunch since you don't have enough time to prepare food besides having leftover spaghetti from last night. 

You then ran to school almost being late but made it just right before the bell rang. Class had then started, and you already felt like a mess. Until you noticed something rather strange. It was Hanako's joudai but you wondered why it was watching you. You then got bored of class so you started sketching in your anime journal about Karma Akabane.

It was then lunch time and you just wanted to be left alone so you went to see Hanako in the girl's bathroom. However he wasn't there at the time but his joudai from earlier was still following you. You pulled out your headphones, connected it to your phone and started listening to Tiny Light. You got your leftover spaghetti and started eating however after you finished eating it you were still hungry. You then put everything away and looked around and saw a few things lying on the floor that might've belonged to Hanako. Then you see a small white bag and inside you see two pretty small things. You put it in your pocket thinking it's food. You sat back down by the window setting your alarm for when lunch will soon be over. And closed your eyes and went to sleep.

You start to wake up to someone messing with your hair. Once you're fully awake you turn around to see Hanako styling your hair and 3 small pink looking bunnies handing him a brush, and a comb. You then looked at the floor until you realized that it wasn't a bunny. You looked back at the pink creature which started hopping towards you, Hanako then said "I see you're finally awake Y/n, don't be afraid of the Mokke they're mainly friendly." So that's what you thought to yourself. You then continued staring at the ceiling while Hanako continued brushing your hair. Your stomach had growled so you took out the small white bag from earlier. You didn't know what it was so at first you smelled it but you smelt nothing really so then you decided to lick it but again it didn't really have any flavor. You then looked at Hanako who began to braid your hair. You then said "Hey Hanako, what is this?" however he didn't answer so you then put it in your mouth thinking it's not a big deal but before you could swallow it he said "Wait! Don't touch it!!Don't eat it!! Give it to me, I'm serious!" And with you being overwhelmed by him you accidentally swallowed it. It honestly didn't taste like anything to you. Hanako quickly finished braiding your hair but then started panicking as if you made some major mistake. You had enough and said "Hanako calm down!! Just tell me what's going on please!" Hanako took a deep breath and started to explain.

What you just ate was a cluster of a mermaid scale, anyone who swallows them will be cursed. Part of that curse is a bond with another who made the same unfortunate mistake.." You then understood why Hanako was panicking earlier. You were now scared of what kind of curse was placed on you. You started to panic and said "Nooo!! I don't wanna be cursed, I was just hungry!! I have a life too!!!!" Hanako sighed and said "Y/n now you understand why I told you not to swallow it?!" You then got annoyed and said "Well earlier you weren't here and you left some of your things on the floor and it looked tempting I was hungry!! Besides, you were overwhelming me!!" Hanako sighed again and you felt so scared for your life. You started to cry and Hanako tried to comfort you but you felt as if your life was going to end so you grabbed all your things and ran.

Lunch was now over and you were in class hiding all your tears. You looked out the window to see it raining. As you continued looking at the window you saw the glass's reflection seeing Hanako at the door staring at you.  You started to think about everything that had happened and you realized you shouldn't have left Hanako earlier because he had done nothing wrong. If anything you were being so careless and put yourself before he could ever answer. You just put an excuse so that way you weren't to blame. Then you thought to yourself that you would make donuts for Hanako after school. As class ended Hanako was no longer there except for his joudai still watching over you. You then went to the kitchen in the school and got all the ingredients ready. But before you continued you went to Hanako's joudai that was right by your side and said "I don't know if you can see or hear me but can you please go back to Hanako and tell him I'm sorry please and that I just need a little bit of space for now?" The joudai then started floating away so you thought it understood and you went back and got everything set but you were thirsty so you got a cup of water  but as you were walking you tripped with having all the water spilling all over yourself but that's when you noticed your arms and said "My arms...what the heck wait...is this part of the curse?!"