Chapter 35

~Please..Don't hurt him!~

~Kou's POV~

Hanako pointed towards a tall tower and said "Hey kid, could you do me a little favor? Over there!"

I looked over to where he pointed at, confused why he needed help so I asked "What..? Is something stuck up there?" Hanako nodded while the Mokke began saying "It was hard work getting it there. But we're too scared to get it back!" Hanako started saying "I just can't seem to get it myself..it's quite the pickle!"

I agreed and we both started walking over there and realized that I had to hold Hanako by his feet by the window as we were at the top of the tower. He was heavy for being a ghost and Hanako kept saying "Okay, good keep going..A little to the right!"

I don't know how much longer I could keep holding him so I said "You little..! You're a ghost, why are you so heavy!?"

Hanako was offended with what I said and said "That's rude! It's not my fault Y/n always brings yummy sweets over!!"

I then asked Hanako "Why can't you just float?!" But all Hanako said was "I can't float this high! C'mon just a little lower..!" I was almost losing my grip but I kept holding on as long as I could but to my surprise Hanako then said "Sorry about this kid..It just seemed important to somebody.."

I couldn't see Hanako as a bad guy but..he always changed the subject whenever I tried to ask about Nene..what really happened?

The words when my brother said "There is no such thing as a "Good supernatural." I just don't think that's true..Maybe he just doesn't know and maybe there aren't that many of them! There has to be some good ones.. But I got lost in the thought that I let go of Hanako and watched him fall off the tower. I was in shock that I couldn't move or think for a moment. But I reached out my hand and said "HEY!! GRAB ON!"

Hanako was surprised by his actions but his hand couldn't reach Kou's. So kou ran down the stairs hoping to catch up with Hanako to see if he was alright. As I stepped out of the tower I saw Hanako lying on the floor so I shook him hoping he'd wake up. I kept shouting "HEY! WAKE UP!!"

Only for him to suddenly get up and say "WOW. That was scary! I thought I was gonna die!" After he said that, there was a long silence until I said "But..you're already dead, aren't you?" Hanako put his hand on his forehead and said "..Oh yeah!" We just stared at each other in silence. But after a while we both chuckled and began to laugh from that crazy experience until he suddenly said "Oh right. Here you go!" To my surprise he handed me my earring.

When did the Mokke get my earring!? I checked my ears to see it was gone so I grabbed my earring and placed it back on. I stared at the earring for a moment and thought "So wait. This is the thing that looked so important..?"

That was bullcrap about there being no such thing of a good supernatural. I smiled and said loudly "There is such a thing as a good supernatural!" I got up and reached out my hand and said "I made up my mind! I'm not going to exorcise you after all!!"

Hanako's eyes widened and said "...why not?You said yourself I'm the evil spirit of a murder..." I looked down and said "Well..I was just running my mouth. I didn't know better then. I'm sorry. And I'm sure you had your reasons right?"

Hanako looked down and said "Reasons..?" I continued and said "And so! From now on, I'm gonna help-" Hanako interrupted me and said "Say kid..Exactly what kind of reason..would justify killing another person?" And then all of a sudden Hanako pushed me so I yelled "Hey, What're you-?!"

To my surprise he held his knife to my neck and said "What if..I..killed you right now? Let's say..I had a very special reason for doing it. Would that make it right?"

I was speechless..I didn't know what to say..all I managed to say was "Hanako..?" But then all of a sudden Hanako was struck from behind leaving him to get shocked. As i heard someone yell "That's Enough!!" Hanako was clearly in pain as he collapsed back onto the floor. I immediately pulled out my phone and messaged Y/n "COME TO THE TOWER RIGHT NOW ASAP!! HANAKO'S IN TROUBLE!!"

I looked to see who striked Hanako only to see my brother Teru..

I then checked to see if Hanako was alright only for Teru to start walking my way and say "It's not like you to skip class. I'd wondered..what might've caused it..Kou...Well..!?

I saw him whip out his sword clearly upset and Hanako tried to get back up. Teru's expression changed fast to angry and said "I was right, wasn't I?!"

~Y/n's POV~

I received a message from Kou while I was still in the principal's office with the girl and with our parents. I knew what kou messaged me was urgent so I got up from my scene and pretended I was ill and said "Give me a moment..I might throw up..!!" And just like that before they could say anything I was already gone and I started running to the tower Kou had mentioned wondering what kind of trouble could they have gotten into..I just hoped they were okay..!

But right before my eyes I saw Kou tied up in beads that was probably done by Teru and Hanako who was clearly badly injured with Teru walking over to him. I quietly ran and grabbed my knife that I always carried in my bag and dropped my bag hoping I'd make it in time before Teru could exorcise hanako..

I immediately got in front of Hanako and said "I won't let you kill Hanako! He's not going to die! Please..Don't kill him!!"