Captured

AUTHORS NOTES:
Thank you guys for reading. I appreciate the feed back. I'm waiting for the new episode to continue. Don't forget to watch agent Carter and Agents of Shield tonight.
---
Peggy had placed to plates of food on the table and waited for Thompson to join her.

---

Minutes later he walked out in a suit and tie and sat at the table to eat breakfast.

"I have to go back to my apartment. I can't tell you why. I just, I have to go back. There's something I need. Something that's irreplaceable."

"Peggy," Jack finished eating,n"i can't protect you there. If you get caught, or worse. I don't know what I'd do with myself."

Peggy got up and started to walk away when Jack stopped her. "Peggy," Thompson turned peggy around, "you can't just walk out."

Peggy looked down, "I have a tendency of losing the people closest to me. It started with Captain Rogers," she looked back at Jack, "I... it can't happen again."

"You won't lose me peggy," Thompson pulled peggy in close, "promise me something?" Peggy nodded her head, "a dance? when this is all over. Save me a dance?" A tear fell from Peggy's eye as she nodded her head then left.

---
SSR HQ
OFFICE ROOM
---

"Do you honestly believe Id betray this country after everything I've done. After the people I've fought with and the people I've cared deeply for."

Chief Dooley sat there looking through the files given to him by Sousa the day before, "Margret Carter, I don't know what to believe anymore."

"Then believe me when I tell you I'm not the enemy."

"Trust. Do you honestly expect me to believe that you could pull of an under cover investigation all on your own."

Peggy looked the chief right in the eye, "I was able to do so because I get over looked. to you I'm a burden, to Sousa I'm some damsel in distress and to Thompson... in the secretary. I'm the one that gets over looked, the one who could slip out of the situation room unnoticed because of my gender alone. I was trained to protect and serve. Chief, I'm begging you. Let my record and experience speak for itself. That man is bad news. I can prove it."

"He's a harmless doctor."

Jarvis spoke, "we both saw him send this message to a woman in the building across the street. Please, I don't care if you trust me, but if I'm right, then there'll be an attack soon. Would you really want to take that chance?"

Dooley grabbed the pad of paper then left.

---
HOURS LATER
---

Peggy and Jarvis hurried toward Chief Dooley's office only to find one of Howard's Starks crazy and unstable inventions was strapped and locked onto him. Time was running out, and there was nothing any of them, agents or scientists, could do about it. Dooley was a dead man walking and he knew it, so he did the one thing he thought would save everyone in that office. Dooley made his way to one of the agents and grabbed the agents gun. He then went to the long walk way before looking at Thompson, "tell my wife, and kids, I'm sorry I missed them," he wrapped his finger around the trigger of the gun as he looked at Peggy, "I need you to promise me you'll get the sons a bitches who did this," peggy nodded her head then Dooley said, "I need to hear you say it."

Peggy nodded her head again, "I promise." Dooley looked around the room. It was one last good bye to the men and woman under his command. He then started running toward the window. He fired off several shots then jumped through before the bomb went off. Peggy, Thompson, and the other agents were all knocked to there feet by the explosion. All knew the worst had come, they knew they had to stay strong, but even then... a moment of silence was taken to pay respects.