-•> Chapter II <•-

-•) Chapter Title: Carsick (•-

-•] TW | Blood, Mentioned Abuse, And Voices. | TW [•-

Thank you so much for the support so far!
A/N: Thank you so much Ashe-Cat for doing so much in the book! More info at the end of this chapter!

Waiting for the Uber wasn't the hard part, it was preparing myself to be with them. I had blood stained on which once was my clean and spotless shirt. Dirt littered my sweatpants which had also once been new though I couldn't recall how long ago that was. I couldn't cover the blood stains soaked into the fabric, dying my clothes a shade of red with anything, so I had no choice but to sneak into the looming house in front of me. That, or either come up with some petty excuse or bolt for an empty room and wave it off later

I walk over to the front yard listening to the crunching of the grass on the lawn beneath my feet and the owls singing quietly overhead somewhere probably in one of the trees dotting the neighborhood. My mind usually gets lost in anything random I can think of, making me zone out until I force myself back into reality when I catch sight of the wooden door in front of me promising untold horrors and worries if I were to step inside

Shaking the feeling off though, I make it to the front door and grasp the knob, slowly turning the golden colored knob to make as little noise as possible. Pushing the door as soon as the knob gets turned to its limit. I let myself inside of the rather spacious area and decide to leave the door open so I can walk back outside when I'm ready to finally leave without having to do the tedious process of slowly opening the door again.

I walk into the house, trying to navigate the area and avoid everything that could possibly give me away with the lights off. It's not like I could turn them back on anyways. While walking deeper inside I get reminded of my horrors from a trail of blood leading to the back door while not looking like it had dried completely, one glance at the blood illuminated by the glow of the moon was enough to make me freeze.

I mentally cry at the sight, knowing that if I did so out loud then I would be caught immediately by her. Managing to snap myself out of my thoughts I shakily walk over to the wooden stairs leading to the second floor passing the carpet now stained with my blood. Carefully, I step down on every creaky stair that I ascend

Slowly, I make my way upstairs while making sure to keep quiet or face the reality of no hope for leaving the house. Eventually, I make it to the top of the stairwell, glancing down the railing for a moment before dully mumbling something to myself.

"I could've jumped."

I quickly shake the thoughts from my head though and continue to my room, which thankfully I left the door open to. I make my way in the dark fresh smelling room compared to the thick scent of blood, alcohol, and drugs stained into the air outside and change into something that's left of the clothes still at my house. I couldn't tell what it was but nevertheless I put it on quickly making sure to stay quiet all the same.

As for my pants, dirt didn't matter right? This would definitely be easier to wave off and ignore. I silently agree with myself as I walk down the empty hallway about to go back downstairs. Once again, I descended the stairs knowing that I couldn't help but make the stairs creak every step down I took but avoided all the steps that made a decently loud sound.

I sigh, looking back down at the blood stained carpet laying in front of the cold wooden door. With nothing better to do and wanting out fast, I take a quick peek outside of the door and see a car pull up to the house matching the ubers description. Taking a breath, I walk out of the old wooden door making sure I closed it behind me in the process and silently saying my final goodbyes to the place I used to call home.

I walk back out into the cold air pushing against my frail body, attempting to make it to the car without stumbling over myself or falling. Every step taken forward feels like a mile and my legs weak like twigs, but somehow I persevere. I make my way closer and closer to the car until all I feel is the car door. Pausing for a moment to recollect myself, I eventually open the door and pull my skinny body into the open silver colored car illuminated by the moon overhead.

"To the airport." I say quickly to the driver once I'm sure I have everything that I needed left inside my room that wasn't shipped to the new house

The driver just gives a smile nod in return, which makes me sigh in relief feeling a small weight lifted off my shoulders and the bubbling anxiety in my chest disperse. I never had many real life social conversations or contact besides being yelled at by my mother, but she definitely  wanted me dead, right?

As the car starts moving down the road and out of the area of my neighborhood, my head moves towards the window, because looking out at the inky black colored sky dotted with bright white stars speaking and storytelling of empty promises is the only thing I can do to distract myself from the rest of the world around me. I just want to make it to the airport peacefully and without problem for once inside of my life.

I feel like the car won't stop moving and instead of stopping at the airport it'll keep whizzing past by the drop-off, and that I'm just going to be kidnapped by this random stranger supposedly taking me to the airport and it'll just put me back in the sick cycle of abuse. I can't trust anyone anymore. My heart beat increases, pulsing at quick speeds as I can feel my stress levels rise at the thought. My head feels heavy all of a sudden though as if disagreeing, causing me to lay down in the back leather seats to keep my head down. My eyes start closing by itself as if they are begging to let me go to sleep, to finally rest. When was the last time I took a nap?

I can't hold back the calming lull of sleep any longer, so I finally allow my mind to drift away.

______________________________

Ah yes, 1 chapter.

Ok so please support Ashe-Cat so much, they helped with editing and the story so much, please support them in any way shape or form.

Ep

1171 Words