Chapter 7: Homeless

I walked home and switched my clothes for the black bathing suit, only bringing my swim shirt as well. And of course I still had my ring on. I looked at it and smiled.

"Thank you Willow, thank you mama, thank you papa." I whispered. I reached the shed and pulled out my trident.

"Hey Aria, do you think you could pull out my net? It's the one in the bucket by your feet." I recognized the voice as Phillips.

"Yeah sure." I bent down and picked it up for him. I handed it to him. He said his thanks and went on his way. I did the same after closing the shed door.

Whilst I was walking to my secluded spot on the beach I heard my name called by Celia.

"Aria! Aria dear, come and sit with us!" She called. I smiled and walked over to Celia who was watching Angel splash in the waves.

"Aria!" Angel yelled as she saw me. "Come in the water with me!"

"Can you look after my trident Celia?"

"Of course my dear." She smiled warmly. Celia was so kind and I really appreciated it.

"Thanks Celia." I handed her the trident which she lay carefully beside her before I raced off to Angel.

"Hi Angel!"

"Hi Aria! Bet you can't catch me!" She giggled and I laughed too.

"I'll bet I'll catch you, I'll give you a headstart." I stated confidently.

"Wrong choice!" Angel dived into the waves and swam away from me. I set off 5 seconds later and caught up to her within 30.

"You didn't give me a head start." Angel pouted playfully.

"Oh I did, but it was only 5 seconds." I tease.

"I'm getting cold, can we go back?"

"Yeah sure, the sea is pretty cold today." We paddled back and were wrapped in towels by Celia.

"I'm going to practice with my trident for a bit. Thanks for the towel Celia."

"No problem, we'll be here if you need anything." I waved them goodbye and handed back the towel. I walked over towards the shore then slowly waded my way into the cool water. The cold water distracted me from my thoughts. It was almost unbearable, but at least it couldn't get any worse. I sat down in the water and let the waves crash over me. At least the ocean couldn't leave me. I clutched rightly at the ring, I missed Willow loads. She would know what to do, she would have helped me, maybe she would've even been able to save dad. Without realising tears were streaming down my face. Even my mum was gone and I didn't get to say goodbye, I didn't even get to say goodbye to any of them. I quickly splashed my face with water to disguise my tears. I then got up and went to Celia.

"Thank you so much Celia, I can't thank you enough. I'm just going to go back to my house, I need a little alone time." I smiled sadly as she nodded.

"I'll check up on you later Aria." She replied. I nodded, gripping my trident even harder. I picked up my swim shirt then walked back to my house. On the way I put my trident back in the shed then continued on my way. I did the best I could to avoid the pitiful gases sent my way. What the hell? I thought. There were two peacekeepers outside my door, one holding a duffle bag. I walked up timidly, scared of what they might do to me. I made to walk through the door but the empty handed peacekeeper blocked my path with his hand.

"You have 5 minutes to put anything you wish to take with you in this bag." He spoke monotonously. The other shoved the bag into my grip and busted open the door. I walked inside and went to my room. I grabbed a blanket; a pair of sandals; 3 pairs of clothes and some hair ties. Next I went to my parents room and grabbed a bed sheet; a picture of my parents and Willow, my dad's jacket and a towel. Then I went to the kitchen and grabbed as much food as I could, as well as two knives. I couldn't help the tears that were flowing down my face. I had lost what I thought was everything but clearly wasn't. I was now going to be homeless and there was nothing I could do, just like all the other times, I was helpless.