Chapter 5 - Files And Memories

☾𖧷☽

Wandering across the city market, Pietro and Wanda directed their way toward the crumbling church which was currently fenced in

Wandering across the city market, Pietro and Wanda directed their way toward the crumbling church which was currently fenced in. The place was run down and Pietro hesitated to step in, while Wanda went straight ahead. The only light illuminating the room was the undergoing sun, the light soaking the round room in a golden color.

Sitting on a chair in the center of the church, was a man. His head and upper body were covered by a blanket, the shadow hiding his legs.

"Talk, and if you are wasting our time-" Wanda was cut off by the man speaking up.

"Did you know this church is in the exact center of the city?" he asked."The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to god. I like that. The geometry of belief."

The twins blinked a couple of times, trying to figure out the man in front of them. Wanda tried to invade his mind but didn't find any access to him which confused her a little.

"You're wondering why you can't look inside my head." the man stated.

"Sometimes it's hard. But sooner or later every man shows himself." Wanda said, her eyes losing their red glow.

The man suddenly stood up, taking the piece of fabric off him, revealing himself. His...robotic self.

"Oh, I'm sure they do."

To say the last, Pietro and Wanda were shocked. Pietro needed a moment to comprehend the scene in front of him, and Wanda gulped, taking in Ultron's form.

"But you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the scepter." Ultron continued.

"I didn't expect..." Wanda trailed off, nodding her head towards Ultron's body. "But I saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him. Make him self-destruct."

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create..." Ultron said, stopping his last sentence. "Smaller people? Uh...Children! I lost the word there." he chuckled. "Children. designed to supplant them, to help them end."

"Is that why you've come? To end the Avengers?" Wanda asked.

"I've come to save the world!" Ultron spoke sharply. "But also...yeah."

Leading the twins away from the city and into the forest, the three of them made it to the HYDRA base, which the Avengers thought they'd crossed off the list only days ago, that Ultron transformed into his own footing.

"We'll move out right away. This is a start, but there's something we need, to begin the real work." Ultron said.

"All of these are..."

"Me. I have what the Avengers never will. Harmony." Ultron said, and flew up to pull at a heavy chain. "They're discordant. Disconnected. Stark's already got them turning on each other. And when you get inside the rest of their heads-"