Chapter Two: An Unexpected Outburst

"If anything could get through that daft brain of yours, maybe we would've had a good time on this trip, but no, you always insist on everything going your way!" a female voice rang out.

"Watch your tongue, Lia," a deeper voice snarled, "keep in mind that I never even wanted you on this trip!"

"Yeah, because it's all about you," Lia quipped snarkily, "I don't even know what the big deal about you is! Just because you're a Mailander and all..."

Jake groaned and turned over in his bed, attempting to cover his ears with his pillow. He squinted, trying to see through all the sunlight that was pouring into the room.

"Drew, did you open the curtains? It's blinding in here..."

"You slept in. Again," the magenta hair responded coldly, and Jake reluctantly sat up, still trying to adjust to the sudden morning sunlight.

"Again...? What time is it?" he rubbed his eyes groggily.

"Ten-thirty in the morning," Lia huffed, flipping her black hair out of her eyes. "It was Drew who made a mistake with the schedules - our tour was at ten!"

"You said it was eleven!" Drew retorted.

"Well, I'm sorry that your ears -"

"Guys, stop," Jake gritted his teeth, pinching the bridge of his nose. Ever since he and his three friends had begun the cruise vacation, Lia and Drew had been bickering nonstop. He was always in the middle of their arguments, and Zoey never bothered nor cared enough to help.

"May I remind you that my father is Eren Mailander? The owner of the Mailander Corp, the -"

"Yeah, yeah, the most successful business company in the world," Lia snapped, "we know, you don't need to say it again, daddy's rich kid."

"Alright, everybody calm," Jake sighed, taking Drew's look of fury as his cue. "Look, I'm sorry I slept in again. Especially since we had a tour scheduled. But I'm sure we can all sort this out."

"Yeah, it won't help matters with her here," Drew grumbled, flicking his dark stare towards Lia.

"Why don't you two just make your way downstairs and find Zoey to get breakfast? I'm sure we can negotiate this later. Lia has a list of sightseeing areas to visit, we'll spend the afternoon following her guide, unless you have any other ideas. Okay, Drew?"

He mumbled a few curse words under his breath before leaving and slamming the hotel room door behind him.

"I'll take that as a yes," Jake muttered, "Lia, you do have some sort of guide, right?"

"Whatever," Lia sighed, rubbing her forehead, "I guess I'll see you downstairs. Better make sure that moron isn't getting lost again." she added.

Once the door slammed shut for the second time, Jake exhaled and slumped against the headboard of the bed, letting his hazel brown stare drop to the floor.

"How on earth am I going to get through this..."

++++

Warm, golden sunlight flooded the hotel, dappling the wooden floors a soft, honey glow. The skies outside shone a brilliant blue, dotted with small puffy clouds drifting along the horizon. Summer sunlight danced around the room, bouncing from the crystal chandelier to the sparkling glass elevators. Jake leaned against the plush seats, trying to distract himself from the argument around him.

"... How stupid can you actually be? Are you blind or something? Can you not read the map?"

"Stupid? Can't you look at yourself? How many times do I have to say - it's not that harbour!"