Chapter 13

"The replicators are offline. The warp drive has been malfunctioning, what is going on?" I say angrily slamming my fist on the table.
"Calm down, I bet the chief is figuring it out now." Julian says rubbing my shoulders. We have just finished packing, I was going to replicate something for dinner when I got a call from the chief saying all the systems are down. We had just headed into the Galore Nebula a few hours ago. "You're right, It is probably just the Nebula. I'm going to go to the bridge." I say. "Captain." Nog says when I get on the bridge. "Still no luck at getting the systems back online?" I say. This is where my mom's Enterprise fell pray to the Borg because they didn't have sensors. "No Captain, but I estimate that we will have sensors in 20 minutes." Data says. "Make it 10. I don't want to be blind in here for very long." I say kind of rude. I then go to my ready room, Ezri right behind me. "Now I know you're not your self. Ever since we decided to go into the Nebula, you've been different. Tell me what happened that makes you so scared of being in here, you know it's the only way to get to the Canary system." Ezri says.
"This exact situation played out 18 years ago." I state.
"Ok, and what makes it so bad?" She asks going full counselor on me.
"My mom's ship, the Enterprise, was attacked by the Borg a few kilometers into the Nebula. That is what led to the destruction of the Enterprise B. Now here I am, 18 years later, with a newer model of what my mom's ship was and I'm playing right into what happen back then." I say.
Ezri looks at me sadly and then says "I know you. You will get through here, nothing bad will happen." I nod and she walks out. Maybe this will work out different maybe I'm overreacting. "Captain the sensors are online we are picking up a base not far from here, it seems to be malfunctioning but life support and some other functions are working. I think we should check it out." Nog says. "Very well. Lay in a course, I'll be out in a minute." I say. When we arrive at the base its rusty and dirty from the Nebula, it seems to be a very old Federation base. "Nog make an away team, I want your coms open at all times, I want to know what's going on down there." I say. "Yes sir." He says.
Nog, Julian, Chief O'Brian, Commander Harry, and Zain beam down. Everything was going good until I heard a scream. It was Zain. "Lieutenant?" I ask trying to keep calm.
"I'm okay Captain, I just found a few dead bodies, they're skeletons, in cryotubes." She says. "I'm on my way to you now Lieutenant." Julian says. Everyone else merges in and finds Zain. "Captain, there seems to be one of the tubes still working." Zain says. I've read about this before. Old federation base, cryotubes, Galore Nebula. JAMES T. KIRK! This was where Kirk put away someone from the Eugenics war. I can't remember the name though, I knew he was important.....
"What does the plate on the outside say?" I ask.
"There is no plate." Nog says. "Alright beam back up, bring the cryotube along." I say. When they get back on board I go down to sickbay to see the person in the cryotube. "Are you ready?" He asks. "Someone like us, he is from the Eugenics war, I've read about this base." I say.
"Don't worry I have a force field up." He says. That's when he wakes the person up. Male, around his 30s, dark brown hair, pale skin like he's dead, and those brown piercing eyes. "Where am I?" The person asks.
"You are on the Enterprise D, I am Captain Stone, this is Doctor Bashir, we found you here in the Galore Nebula. What is you name?" I ask.
"My name....is Kahn." He says.