Chapter 53

Damn, I am dead.

|

"A Goddess? ... Who exactly?" Gureon inquired as he wondered if Kwon's actions were all influenced by that said Goddess. If it was true then she must have her reasons and it probably would be troublesome.

"Eris...the exiled Goddess of strife and discord..." Answered his mother-in-law with caution.

'Eris?' He thought for a minute but he couldn't find anything related to that name inside his head.

"Sorry, never heard of her. Well, not like it matters. Any kind of hostility towards my family is my enemy."

He managed to get up while clutching his burning chest and heaved out. "So, what does she want? Also, is she the reason why you turned like this?"

Kwon gave him a different kind of look than the one she always gave him before. "It may sounds cliche but I am doing this because I love my family."

"So, you're willing to sacrifice Eunbi noona for that?"

"I have no choice! I don't want to lose my husband, my daughter, and the households. It's between one or many."

He saw Kwon's fingers digging into her palms as she spoke. He's preferred if his mother-in-law was truly evil rather than pretending to be one because that would make his job easier.

"Isn't Eunbi noona also your daughter?"

"Darling, stop..." Eunbi pleaded from inside the barrier. She knew his question would pressure her mother and she didn't want to make it more difficult for Kwon. She couldn't bear to see it.

He smiled at his saddened-looking wife. "I'll stop but I still need to know something." He then averted his attention to his mother-in-law.

The older woman gulped, suddenly felt intimidated for some reason. His stare was menacing.

"Do you want your rights to this place? Answer it loudly, mother, so your family can hear."

Kwon's jaws tightened. "I...don't..."

"I can't hear you."

The woman glared at him. "I don't!"

"Do you want to get away from her grasp?" He slowly walked closer to her, ignoring the spears pointed at his neck and bored down into her eyes.

Kwon lost for words for a few seconds because of his stare. Inside his eyes was something that he could cling to. As if she was in a trance, she answered.

"Yes." A bead of tears rolled down her cheek and was left alone.

"That's good enough, now go to your family, mother. It's time to end this before it gets dragged on again." Lastly, he smiled.

Kwon wiped her tears and for the first time, she genuinely smiled at him like a mother to her son before she walked away. She didn't forget to stop in front of Eunbi and muttered a small "sorry".

Eunbi just returned it with a relieved chuckle as she wiped her wet eyes.

"Daebak... Did Gureon oppa hypnotize my mother?" Hyewon was curious, watching her mother approaching.

"I don't think so. He gives hope by displaying his strength." Bishop gave an accurate answer like he knows everything as always.

"Oh, by the way..." Kwon turned around. "I don't know how to dispel the barrier, sorry."

Gureon made an 'okay' sign with his fingers. Afterwards, he swiped his hand towards Eunbi and Yura. The barrier surrounding her broke with loud clinking as the pieces fell to the floor.