Chapter 21

Heyoo, sorry for the delayed update. I got an injection some days ago and my shoulder is aching. Then, hope you enjoy the chapter.

----------

Headmaster Kang stood there in front of a decent-size farm that belonged to his son-in-law.

Gureon's house was silent. The doors and windows were already locked tight.

All the herbs, fruits, and some other plants were still fresh and ready to be harvested as the sprinkled water wetted them once in a while.

The old man didn't think anyone notice when Gureon left the household.

He sighed, shaking his head. "Now, what should I tell your wife that you're gone?"

He walked around all the plants and made his way to the back of Gureon's empty house.

A few meters behind it stood a wooden shack that was used as a storage room and it looked pretty neat for a storage room.

He stopped in front of the door and took a silver key out of the pocket of his slacks as he recalled what Gureon told him last night.

"This key is for the storage behind my house and in there are what my dad left behind for you as promised."

"And as for what is in there, it will be up to you whether you want to keep it to yourself or you want to distribute it to other households as well."

'Just what in the world did his passed away father had left me?'

Headmaster Kang thought while opening the door and remembered Gureon's last reminder that gave him chills.

"Keep in mind that once you decided to share it and the words about it go out, be prepared to receive a stab or two on your back, but I hope it will not happen."

He got inside and closed the door behind him.

To his surprise, the inside wasn't really dark considering it only had one small window at the top of the door.

All the shelves were neatly lined up on the wall, leaving the middle part of the shack empty for him to walk while examining the place.

The shack was filled with every kind of tool in which someone with a high position like him wouldn't know what the tools were for or called.

Reaching the farthest end of the shack, he saw ten treasure box-like chest standing on top of each other. Five on the right and the remaining five were on the left.

The chests didn't have any characteristics of something important at all as they didn't even have a lock or anything that would prevent them from being open.

He grabbed the top one on the right and put it down on the floor. His old heart was racing since earlier.

He wouldn't be that nervous if he had even the slightest idea of what it might be but the fact is, he couldn't think of anything of what it could be.

He crouched down and slowly lifted the lid of the chest up as it creaked with every moment past by and when it was fully opened, his eyes were shined with glittering lights.