Chapter 37

"Just say it." Hyewon stopped walking, crossing her arms, and glared at the man beside her.

"Pardon?" Yeoweon had no idea what she meant, cluelessly staring at her.

"Your face is too obvious. You want to say something, don't you?" She pressed.

He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Ah, is it too showing?"

She began walking again. "Totally. You should've controlled your expression more carefully."

"Yeah, I get that a lot from other Demons." He looked away, kind of embarrassed that he got caught.

"Anyway, what do you want to say? If it's something ridiculous, I'll kill you." Hyewon sounded monotone but he felt threatened somehow.

He indeed had something to ask but he kept contemplating whether would it be a good thing to ask her or not. Now, given he was already busted he might as well go directly to the point.

"I'm just curious since when did you guys know who Miss Eunbi really is?" He hoped the question wouldn't trigger her anger or something.

"Seven years ago, I think." Hyewon calmly answered. "She told us herself after graduated high school." She added, turning her head toward him.

"Why are you so curious about that?" She asked.

"No reason. I'm amused by it, that's all." He simply said.

"Amused? I bet Eunbi unnie ran away because of that Regal bastard. Every woman would do the same if they had to get married to a man like that." She then scoffed with total disdain.

"And got a Demon Lord as a husband. Are not that funny?" He continued and chuckled.

Her steps were paused again. "Demon Lord? What do you mean? And it sounds so fiction-like."

"The vacant throne of the Infernal World belongs to Gureon the 27th Prince. You didn't know?" He said as if it was not something big.

"How should I know!?" She snapped. "He lived here looking all pitiful and dumb. I'm- Yah! Are you pulling my legs?"

He quickly raised his hands. "No, I'm not. I swear." He chuckled.

Hyewon sorted out her thought and calmed down. "I thought he's a normal Demon who's lazy to act as one but...oh my God." She rubbed both of her temples.

"If he does something to Eunbi unnie, I will cut him into a thousand pieces." She exclaimed while imagining the scene inside her head.

Looking at the woman in front of him made him smiled. She normally looked blank so that's the first time he saw her emitting a different emotion. He found that really interesting and pleasant.

"What are you smiling at? Should I cut you up and send your pieces to him? You did say you want to meet him after all." Her words and expression caused his legs to automatically stepped back for a bit.

"No, thank you." He politely declined and aesthetically looked at the stars in the sky as he smiled.

She somewhat became entranced by his figure under the shine of the moonlight.

"Miss Eunbi isn't here, was it because she also ran away from Gureon?" He asked. He knew the answer but he wanted to make Hyewon be at ease.

"Uhm, no. She ran away from home because she wanted to follow Gureon oppa."

"Isn't that enough answer to your worries? Miss Eunbi followed him because of her own will, that means she wants to be with him." He transferred his gaze from the twinkling stars to her beautiful face.

"So, you shouldn't overthink things." He ended the reassurance with a charming smile that became a magnet to her eyes.

His words reached Hyewon as she remembered Eunbi's expression whenever she saw her with Gureon.

Her older sister always looked calm and smiling even though that time Gureon still looked dumb and didn't interact with other people.

Her head lowered and a small giggle escaped as she forgot about the man in front of her for a second. She quickly cleared his throat and saw him smiling.

"What are you smiling at?" She asked sternly.

He continued patrolling ahead of her and muttered. "Cute..." 

With that, the serious conversing session ended, and the two resumed the night patrol while small bickering could be heard from time to time.

Mostly, it was from Hyewon as Yeoweon just went along with it, answering her politely every time she complained something.

.
.
.

The next morning, someone from Regalia households suddenly came. He wanted to meet with Headmaster Kang and wouldn't leave as long as his wish hasn't been fulfilled.

Headmaster Kang coincidentally didn't have any major business so he went to the guest right away. Done with the rushed greetings, that man went straight to the point.

"I was sent here by Acting Headmaster Youngjo to pass you a warning." The man began, looking serious and all.

"Go on." Headmaster Kang calmly replied.

"Wait, let me recall what Acting Headmaster Youngjo said." The man was spacing out for a moment before continuing.

"Alright, here you go. 'Regal the bastard king is now preparing his troops to attack your household. It will take roughly two months for the preparation to be done. I hope uncle can do something to counter them'."

Headmaster Kang closed his eyes, huffing out quite loud. "Two months... I'll make sure I'm prepared within a month." He said firmly. "Anything else?"

"Umm, yes. Acting Headmaster Youngjo will be leading the attack because the members of Regalia will be killed if he refused so he apologizes from the bottom of his heart." The messenger bowed 90 degrees.

"I understand. This is not the time to feel guilty and weak so raise your head." He said and nodded at the man when their eyes met.

"Are you going back to Regalia or will you stay here?"

"Either way, I have to take part in the upcoming battle but my chance for victory is higher if I stay here so with your permission, I would like to stay and help." Replied the messenger with determination.

He smiled, admiring the man's resolution. "Of course, we welcome every help that we could get." He stated and gave the man the direction of where he should go next.

'Eunbi, my daughter. We may not be related by blood but you are still our family. If winning this battle will give you freedom, I shall gladly sacrifice myself to achieve it.'

Decided on what he wanted to do, he went away toward where the higher ranking members were gathered to devise a plan for a counter-attack.

° ° ° ° °

Cut! Yeah, no Gureon and Eunbi for this chapter but I do hope you readers still enjoy it. Every new chapter brings us closer to the end so thank you for reading and voting.

See you next week. Dream out.