S E V E N T E E N

I laid in bed as I heard birds chirp.

"Am I really going to the ball with Malfoy?! Why the hell did I say yes?"

"Maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will?" I said.

I got up and got ready for class. As I was walking out I saw the roses Malfoy had given me. I went back into my room and grabbed the box with the necklace he gave me.

I stood in front of my mirror and put it on. As soon as I did, the red eyes looked as if they flashed.

"Hm, weird" I said.

I walked to class but before heading to potions I was stopped by a Durmstrang student.

"Will you do me the honor of being my date to ball?"

"I'm sorry, I've got a date already" I said before walking off.

I reached potions class and sat down at an empty table.

"Hello there beautiful" I heard a familiar voice.

I turned around and saw Miles, who I knew from when I went to Beauxbaton, as well as the reason why I got expelled.

"Why are you in here? You know class is in session for Hogwarts students right?" I asked.

"It's not a crime to want to see a beautiful girl once again, plus I don't see the Professor anywhere near yet"

"Well now you saw me, you can leave now" I said.

"Oh, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the ball with me?" He asked.

"She has a date, now leave" I heard Malfoy's voice say.

Miles turned around to face Draco and walked off leaving an empty seat besides me that Draco took.

"I see you put on the necklace" he said.

"Indeed I did, don't start bragging about it, I'll more than happily take it off" I said.

"No, you're not to take it off, keep it on, to show to people you have a date, any person will know what it means, that's why I made it a dragon charm" he said.

"I-... You're really something else" I said.

"Do you still want to go to Hogsmeade with just your friends, I'd be more fun you know"

"Sure you'd be but I already told you, I'm going for a dress so you can't come with" I said.

I heard him scoff before seeing Professor Snape come through the door.

"You will all be brewing a contraceptive potion"

The class all started to whisper to one another.

"Did I hear that correctly!?" I told myself.

"The Yule ball is coming up and that will mean many of you will decide to take part in certain activities. We can attempt to prevent some of you from going off, but then again we cannot keep eyes on all of you, so it is better for all of you to have a potion in hand" Professor Snape said.

"Open your books to page 15 and begin to brew it" he added.

I opened my book and began to get the ingredients.

"You know, you don't need to brew it, I think the one I make should be enough" Malfoy said.

"You used the wrong ingredients for the babbling potion, you really think I'm going to trust you with this?" I said.

"This is different, I'd be more careful" he said.

"Plus who said I'd be needing a potion" I said.