𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐳𝐞

"It entered the light rock fortress to get more spells, but no one saw it and no one could stop it. But as per usual it left the mark of Valtor as a mark of its attendance" Faragonda webbed her fingers as the girls surrounded her desk. "how is that possible? How can one man be so powerful?" Tecna asked as Faragonda shook her head "he isn't a man, he's a dark wizard on the hunt for more power. That's why we have to stop him before it's too late before he gets a hold of all magic spells and becomes invincible"

"We'll start with the last place he attacked, light rock. He must have left some kind of magic trace that can help us find him" she eyed Ares lightly, soon excusing the girls who made their way back to their dorms.

Ares stood at the counter cutting fruit, Nyx biting at some of his feathers as Ares handed him the occasional slice. She always did feel slightly more powerful after allowing the Phoenix attention, though she did feel bad for never taking care of the spirit even after knowing of her magic for this long.

"Nyx you know I have a mission, correct?" The bird leaned its attention to the girl as it purred, "I'm leaving you here with the Pixies, in case anything happens I want you to let me know immediately" she handed him the last piece of the berry before throwing her recently packed bag over her shoulder. The Phoenix only chewed on the fruit in response to her sense as she left through the door soon following Tecna and Musa.

The group examined light rock, no one finding a single trance that was worth anything. "Ares, have you found anything?" Faragonda approached the younger girl who traced the broken-through frame with the tips of her fingers.

"I think I recognize his trail but I have no idea where he might be" she sighed, closing her fist as Faragonda soothed her back. "It's alright, right now any hint is worth everything."

"Nyx did anything happen while I was away?" She brushed the feathers of the bird, the slight shake of his head covered by his purrs. A loud crash came from behind the two as they turned to see Tecna holding a large book.

"I think I found something other than the shadow Phoenix that can combat the Dragon Flame!" Ares looked at her as the bird crawled onto her arm and up towards her shoulder. "And what do you need that for?" She crossed her arms, a cold stare present on her face that seemed to be mirrored by Nyx.

"Think about it, Valtor doesn't hold only the power of the Dragon. He also wields thousands of other spells, most of which can only be combated by you. These things called "water stars" are the entire opposite of what the "flame" is" Ares now held a confused looked on her face, "but what happens if he gets ahold of them? What will happen to Bloom?" She uncrossed her arms, the Phoenix physically relaxing onto her shoulder.

"Then we kill Valtor and get them back before anything bad can happen to Bloom. Listen, Ares, I know you're worried. But this is the only way to ensure our victory against him, don't you want to save your parents?" Those words echoed through her mind, "my parents? What do they have to do with any of this?" 

"Did- did Bloom not tell you?" Tecna slowed her sentence as Ares shifted her stance "tell me what, Tech"

"The-the only person who knows where your parents are, is Valtor" her eyes widened slightly, not exactly surprised she knew nothing of this. She stood from her resting position and ran out of the room, the Phoenix flying alongside the angered girl rather than hiding in her shadow.

"Bloom" Ares yelled into the courtyard as Tecna followed in suit, the large Red Fountain ship was being boarded by the girls who excitedly beckoned for Ares to join them. Each of them peeking out to see her storming towards them.

"What're you thinking?! What gave you the right?" She approached her sister, gripping the collar of her sweater as she pulled her closer. Skye attempted to protest as Cyprian placed his arm over his chest to keep him away.