7.The 90s

The next day, the family were preparing for Halloween, carving pumpkins, decorating and keeping quiet whilst Auntie Vada and Uncle Pietro slept peacefully on the sofa together. The boys came into the living room from the kitchen, and Pietro was layed with his arm wrapped around Vada, and he was snoring super loud. "Man, he even snores cool" Tommy sighed in awe, "I'm going to go wake them up" Tommy shrugged and Billy held him back, "Don't" He demanded.

"You scared?" Tommy grinned and Pietro's eyes opened. "He's our uncle, why would I be scared?" Billy scoffed, "Because it's four o'clock in the afternoon, and you're secretly scared that he's a vampire" Tommy rolled his eyes. "No I'm not" Billy denied, "Yes you are" Tommy argued and they went back and forth.

Vada woke up as she felt Pietro slowly climb out of bed, then watched as he sped up to the kids. "Blood is thicker than water! I'll show you!" Pietro shouted in a pirate voice and the boys both screamed. Pietro then sped around the room scaring them, and stopped behind the sofa, pretending to stab them and the boys screamed more.

Vada sat up and shook her head with a smile, "Oh, somebody better be bleeding, broken or on fire" Wanda huffed as she walked downstairs in pink tights, a red leotard, cape and horned mask. "Woah, mom! Are you old red rinding hood?" Billy asked and Vada cackled. "I'm a Sokovian fortune teller" Wanda announced and posed, which made Vada and Pietro cringe. Pietro grimaced, "Wow, That is so", "Rad" Tommy admired, "Lame" Pietro finished, "Lame" Tommy agreed and Vada smiled.

"Worse than the costumes Mom and Mrs.Ivanov put us in that year we got typhus" Peter winced and Vada and Wanda had flashbacks of an old Halloween when they were dressed in bin bags and were gifted fish when trick or treating.

"Sweet costume bro-ham-in-law" Pietro exclaimed as Vision came down the stairs in a green body suit that had a hood, with yellow shorts and a cape. Vada tried to hold back a snigger, "Let me guess, uhh, traffic light?" Vada joked, "Half-shucked corn?" Pietro guessed, "An ambulance?" Vada guessed again, "A booger?" Peter gasped, "Yes" Vision gave in and rolled his eyes, so Pietro high fived Vada and kissed her forehead. Vision was actually dressed as a Mexican wrestler.

Pietro sped Vada to the floor with the twins and they all played video games up close to the TV. Once they won they picked up cans of pop and chuggee them the way Pietro and Vada taught them. The four of them burped in unison and laughed, together Vada and Pietro were more childish than Tommy and Billy.

Vada soon realised she didn't have a costume and got up to go talk to Wanda. "Well, you have fun tonight darling" Vision sighed and walked over to the door, "What? What do you mean? You're all dressed and ready to go" Wanda furrowed her brows, "I'm undercover" Vision joked, "Halloween is a bacchanal for adolescent troublemakers, and the neighbourhood watch is the only thing that stands between the trees and the toilet paper" Vision told Wanda and Vada.

"No, that's now what you're suppost to-" Wanda began to shake her head but stopped, "What?" Vision tilted his head in confusion, "Well, you didn't tell me you had plans" Wanda folded her arms, "Well, I'm telling you now" Vision shrugged, "Vision, its the twins' first Halloween" Vada scoffed, "You have to be there" Wanda sighed.

"Woah Woah Woah, what's the dealio?" Pietro asked as he walked over and stood between Vision and Wanda, holding onto their arms. "Big guy has a conflict, the twins need a father figure for the night, don't sweat it, sis, I got the old XY chromosome, Uncle P to the rescue" Pietro took over, "I'm surprised you even know what chromosomes are" Vada teased Pietro and he came closer to her and tickled her until she was on the floor.

"There you go, problem solved" Vision shrugged, "Have a spooky time tonight, kids" Vision emphasised and kissed Wanda's head before leaving. Wanda shut the door behind him and as she turned around, Pietro was stood behind her pulling a face to scare her. She screamed and everyone laughed, "Oh, don't do that!" Wanda panicked.