8.The 2000s

Vada woke up early the next morning, at around 5am, exhausted from last night, with the boarder and bombarding questions from Pietro, the bad mood finally hit. She turned around in bed to see Pietro, but he wasn't there, she sat up curiously and groaned. She rushed next door, still in her pajamas, and walked up to Wanda's room. Vision wasn't there, so she climbed into bed with Wanda and Wanda greeted her before going back to sleep.

The girls collectively decided to have a quarantine style stay-cation, as a 'punishment' for how horribly difficult last night had been. Vada couldn't believe she let her fear and anger get the best of her, or that she potentially expand the border of the false world her and Wanda created. Wanda was also feeling quite rubbish, Vision hadn't returned home yet, and she also let her emotions get the best of her.

At around ten in the morning, Billy and Tommy rushed in, "Mom, are you going to get up yet?" Tommy asked in a rush, "Mom, our game is freaking out" Billy panted, "What is Auntie Vada doing in your bed?" Tommy asked, "Sleepover" Vada groaned and turned the face the other direction. Wanda lifted the covers over her head and Vada snored lightly, "Is she asleep?" Tommy scoffed, "Mommy's not sleeping, Honey, she's just resting her eyes" Wanda sighed.

"Mom, my head feels weird, it's like really noisy!" Billy told Wanda, "I don't like it" He complained and Wanda pulled the covers away from her head, "Resting. Her. Eyes" Wanda softly told the boys with her eyes shut and the boys left in confusion.

Wanda eventually pulled the covers off from her and Vada. Vada was in a long sleeved Jersey and shorts, and Wanda was still in her Sokovian fortune teller costume. Wanda gave Vada a light nudge and she rolled out of bed and landed on the floor, before falling back to sleep.

Wanda clicked her fingers and ended up in pajamas herself, with her hair tied into a low ponytail. She woke Vada and Vada gave herself a big, black fluffy dressing gown and her dark hair tied back into a messy bun.

They slouched downstairs together and the boys were arguing over a console, but the girls were too tired to care. They headed into the kitchen, while the boys gave them uncertain stares, and Vada got out the cereal while Wanda grabbed the milk.

The girls placed down their bowls on the counter, and the milk bottle turned into a carton. They knit their brows together in confusion, but didn't think much of it and began to pour their cereal. Wanda poured the carton of milk into her cereal, and as she placed it down the carton turned into a glass of milk. Vada picked it up with her nose flared in annoyance, and poured it into her cereal, then when she placed it down it changed again.

Wanda lifted her cereal to her nose and sniffed it, to see if it was out of date, it wasn't, so they headed to the living room with their bowls. Wanda sat before a camera and began to talk directly to an audience, "Yeah, I'm not sure what that was all about" She tutted, "It's probably just a case of the Mondays" Vada suggested as she walked over and sat on the chair arm, "Am I right?" She shrugged and Wanda's lip quivered nervously.

Vada walked into the living room holding her bowl, "Have you seen your dad?" She wondered and ate a spoonful of cereal, "No" Tommy replied without looking away from his video game, "Do you want to go look for him?" Billy wondered and looked over at the girls shyly. "Well if he doesn't want to be here, there's nothing I can do about it" Wanda shrugged and turned on the news for the weather forecast, which Tommy frowned about.

"Hey Auntie V, last night Uncle P said that thing about re-killing dad" Billy worried and Vada's heart sank guiltily. "Don't believe anything that man said, he is not your uncle!" Wanda told the boys in a serious tone and Vada frowned, "He is exactly like Pietro" Vada told Wanda through their telepathy, "He is not, get over it, you know real Pietro isn't a douche bag, you're just lovesick" Wanda replied sternly through her thoughts and Vada gulped and looked at the floor.