A Stranger With Memories - part 2

We sit in silence for twenty minutes straight, not a word comes out, but I can hear his heavy breath when he sighs. Turning on the entertainment screen in front of me, I fix my eyes there hoping that I will find something more distracting than an ex-boyfriend who suddenly appears right next to me, when my fiance is thousand feet below, thousand miles away.

I try to ignore his presence. I was sleepy but now it's impossible to sleep right away. My mind will just wonder, and I need a distraction, something more tempting than him, but nothing seems interesting. So I pick a random show available where the cover shows a bunch of hot actors on it. Though it's almost impossible to enjoy whatever this show is trying to tell me.

Whenever the screen goes dark from a certain scene, I can see a bit of his reflection. There's an empty seat between us, but since the last time I saw him that day, our last date, we never got this close. The broke up was ugly, it wasn't even ever said before, and I hated, hated him so much for leaving me with one big question. Why?

I hated how much I loved him so. I couldn't stand how much I needed him. I just couldn't let him go, then I cried and he wasn't there. First time broken heart, and it hurt I didn't want to feel it anymore, ever. If I were to try love again, he had to give me closure.

But that was five years ago. So much trouble caused for a five years old relationship that I couldn't let myself love in the next years.

He was my friend, my first boyfriend, my first experience of knowing the kind of love outside the family, my first experience in almost everything, and he was the only man I could picture a future with.

Suddenly, he ghosted me. No message was replied, no call was returned, nothing. Silly I thought he was sucked into the earth and never came back. There was a time I wanted to believe that he's dead, so I can mourn and move on. But he hasn't, and I never could.

What's so attractive about Hwang Ji Sung? Well, we must know someone who always seems cheerful and full of positive vibes, someone who always lifts the mood in the room. In my life, it's him.

I knew him as a happy-go-lucky person. He is a cool-headed guy who never looked stress about anything, and smiled more than anyone I've ever known.

He told me once, that happiness, doesn't have to depend on anyone but ourselves. Silly me, in this case, he was the cause of my ache but by his words, I got through my days. I preferred to be alone, rather than being together with someone only to feel lonely again.

Until I met Yoo Jin Woo, and the next thing I knew, I hate to be alone.

Walking in love with Jin Woo is the best thing I never planned. He had me at hello, knocked on the door of my heart, took my hand in him, made me dreaming about the future again.

Slowly, steadily, side by side, he made me trying love once again. Every day ever since my heart chooses him again and again. I've been so happy, and I'm protecting what we have. He's my savior. Treasure is what he is.

Staring blankly out of the window, I try to think about my tomorrows who's waiting for me on the other side of the earth, rather than playing flashback of my yesterdays who's sitting right next to me.

Of all the people in the world, why him?

The turbulence that has been happening for too many minutes ago gets worse. I sigh, close my eyes, and gulp again for the nth times, trying to hide my nervousness. I hear a soft ding sound and turn my head to the seatbelt sign above the passenger in front of me. It's on, and that means we're still nowhere near calm weather.

I can't help to glance onto my right and find him staring nowhere but right at me. I can see that though his hand is quite close to me, he is still reluctant to move closer. As if that's something he should do, better he shouldn't.