Chapter 6: Mess ups

You get out of the shower with Emily. Your legs were still shaking from the sex and she giggled at that. You went into your room and pulled and a lacy bra and matching panties. Emily looks you up and down.

"Like what you see?" you ask walking over and wrapping your arm around her neck. She let go of her towel so she could wrap her arms under your butt and lift you up off the ground. You wrap your legs around her and she presses her lips to yours. You start to kiss her back, swiping your tongue across her lips so she knows to open her mouth. You feel your tongue press against hers and you can feel butterflies. You start to kiss her neck, lightly biting her in her sweet spot and she moans. "God, Emily, I sure as hell am in love with you." you blurt out. You two had said I love you before but it was never in any super serious context, and you had never said you were IN love with each other.

You rest your forehead against hers. "Sorry." you whisper. "She looks up at you through her eyebrows.
"I'm in love with you too." she giggles. You lived Emilys laugh. It was so kind and warm. She set you down and you both finish getting ready.

"I wanna tell the team." Emily says. "The way you reacted when Hotch found out...." she trails off. You weren't quite sure what she was asking or if she was asking a question at all so you did your best to answer.

"It just brought back a lot of memories about when my mom found out and I think I just freaked out. If you want to tell the team I'm in. I am a hundred percent in." she smiles, not wanting to force you to talk about your mom.

"So erm, what do you wanna do today?" you ask, trying to break the awkward silence.

"I don't know..... Can we invite the team out for drinks?"

"To tell them?" She nods in response. "Sure" you say pulling your phone out of your pocket.

(A/N: This is a text thread with the BAU. D=derek P=penelope S=spencer J=JJ H=Hotch R=rossi       Y/N=reader E=emily)

Y/N: Hey, do y'all wanna go out for some drinks later?

E: Sure, what time?

Emily was trying to respond as if you hadn't spent the night together and had sex in the shower.

Y/N: What ever works best for everyone.

R: First round of shots is on me.

D: Sorry kid, I got a date.

You were the youngest on the team by a long shot. Emily was twelve years older than you and she wasn't even the oldest team member.

H: I'll get Jessica to stay with Jack tonight.

After Haley's death Jessica, her sister, moved in with Hotch for a few months until she found her own place. Now whenever Hotch goes out of town or is busy Jessica watches Jack.

JJ: I be there!

P: Cant wait to see all of my fine furry friends <3

Y/N: Wanna meet at Pats around 8?

The team all agreed and you got a little nervous thinking about telling everyone. You and Emily spent the day watching TV, baking bread, and cuddling. Five pm rolled around and you decided it would be best to start getting ready so you both could go out to eat before going to Pats.

Pats was a crappy bar that you and the team loved going to. They had pool and darts and the place smelled of stale cigarettes and beer.

Emily put on a red tank top and push-up bra. Her shirt plunged just enough to see her cleavage without being too revealing. She put on your favorite pair of her lace underwear and jeans. You wore a similar outfit but you wore a dark green t-shirt instead. You loved wearing tight shirts when you went out with Emily as a group because you could catch her staring at you breasts.

You decided on tacos for dinner and went to your favorite place, Taqueria Picaros. Emily drove and when you arrived you were seated in the back.

"So um-" you started. "Are we really gonna tell the team?"

"I mean Spencer, Jayje, and Hotch know so what's the harm in telling everyone else?" she said.

You felt like someone had filled your stomach with bricks. You were terrified that if people found out they wouldn't think of you the same.

"Maybe we wait for another time?" you suggest.

"God, (Y/N). Why can't we just tell them? It's not really a big deal." she says. You could tell she was really frustrated but she didn't want to make a scene in the restaurant.

"It is a big deal Em! It's a big deal to me and I just don't get why you feel like we need to tell them all of the sudden ."

"Because, I don't want to be your secret anymore. I want people to know we're together. Are you too oblivious to see that?" she says, tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

You look down and the waitress comes over to the table to take your orders. The rest of dinner was in silence. You didn't even look up at her when you were finished eating. She drove over to Pats and you practically dove out of the car, trying to get away from her. You walk in and you see JJ sitting in a booth. Of course she was the first one here. Everyone slowly funnels in until you have the whole team except for Morgan who ditched you guys for his, as he calls her, "Lady friend".  You talk with everyone until Emily finally stands up. You shoot her a sharp look. You know what she's about to do and you try to subtly stop her. She was already two drinks in, plus she had a beer at the restaurant so she was pretty tipsy.

"Hey everyone, I would like to make an announcement." she says in a giggly voice. "(Y/N) and I are dating!" she blurts out. You freeze you a second. JJ quickly turning her head to you. Everyone starts to congratulate the two of you and you immediately stand up and walk to the bar. Emily try's to go after you but JJ stops her.

A few tears and about seven shots later JJ walks over.

"JJ!"you say a little too loudly.

"Hey, (Y/N). How are you doing?"

"Oh, me? I'm terrific." you say with your words lightly slurring together.

"How many drinks have you had?"

"Well, I had one at dinner, one before the love of my life betrayed me and outed me to all of my coworkers, and seven shots after the love of my life betrayed me and outed me to all of my coworkers. Soooooo, how many is that?" you say with a giggle.

"Let's get you home before you say or do anything too stupid." she says in a very maternal way.

"No, no. I'm having the grandest time here. Hey Pat! Another shot for me and my girl over here." you say drunkenly. The bar tenders name was in fact not Pat but you didn't realized that due to the alcohol coursing through your blood.

"No, she's fine. No more shots." JJ say to the bartender.

"Fuck you JJ. I'm Twenty three years old. You can't tell me what to do."

"First off you're thirty, secondly, you're wasted. I'm gonna bring you home."

JJ pulls you off the stool and assists you to her car. She buckled you into the front seat and you feel asleep in less than a minute. When you finally got to your apartment she got you out of the car and walked you into your home.

"I love her." you said.

"I know you do. She messed up, she shouldn't have done that to you but she loves you too and you can't let this get in the way of your relationship." she says as she take off your pants and helps you into bed. "I'll see you on Monday." she says and starts to walk away.

"You're leaving?" you say. You wipe your face and realize you're crying. You must've been sobbing for a while because your face was soaked. JJ looked at you with a. pitiful glance and crawls next to you in bed. You curl up close to her and she turns off the light. As you're falling asleep you pretend it's not your platonic friend, JJ, but your girlfriend and the woman you love, Emily Prentiss.