Nie HuaiSang×Reader

—Come Back—

After ascending to immortality, Nie HuaiSang witnessed the cultivation world
become a single spect of dust, getting replaced from dynasty after dynasty, and slowly
forgotten by all.

There are some few dozens of cultivators who took the immortal path with him like Lan XiChen, but there's no knowing where those people are right now.

He's the only one who stayed in the same spot his sects once was, now working as an archeologist to uncover his own clan's secret.

It's not like he's genuinely interested in digging in dirt to find his clan's lost artifacts, it's just an easier job for him since the knowledge of thousands of years ago stuck to him, making it no problem at all to earn money.

Right now, he's travelling with some other archeologists to the land where cloud Recesses once existed, but is now replaced by tall buildings and cars probably rolling down the stairs leading up to the study hall.

They were requested to investigate a giant wall filled with neat ancient writings and find out what it was.

Of course, Nie HuaiSang already knew It was the horrifying "Gusu lan Rules" that he has already forgotten.

Once they arrived, everyone inspected the giant wall which lost a third of it's structure and is half way covered by weeds.

Argument started going around among the experts and Nie HuaiSang Just fanned himself, not wanting to look at the bad memories.

"Maybe it's some incantations!"

"How would you know?? You can't even read simple ancient words!  It's most likely the names of the people who once lived here!"

"Huh? No way! It's probably a story of the two people who fell In love and rules this land!"

Nie HuaiSang Just shook his head with all the ridiculous assumptions but the last one made him realized something.

"Right! I should visit Wei-Xiong and HanGuang-jun," he whispered to himself then made an excuse to go to the bathroom before going to the Jingshi which is now in ruins.

He gave them both a formal bow before sitting down on the bare ground and gazed at the empty dirt spot.

"HanGuang-jun, Wei-Xiong, I hope you're doing well up there. Please continue to take care of brother for me. It's a shame you both refused to ascend immortality with us, at least... you both died together."

Silence followed right after, as if Nie HuaiSang was waiting for a reply but he knew there will never be any.

Moments later, he heard footsteps coming his way and imidiatly stood up, dusting his jeans and trench coat from dirt.

He close-eyed smiled and covered his mouth with his thousands of years old fan, as he said apologetically, "I'm sorry, I took a stroll after finishing. Did I missed some...thing..."

His words trailed off at the end as he finnaly looked at the figure before him.

There stood a fair skinned woman, no emotions evident on her face and slightly messy (Color) locks. Nothing unusual with her features but what she's wearing is rather surprising.

"Sect leader...Nie HuaiSang?" She asked, Her snowy white forhead ribbon and 'mourning' clothes flowing with the wind that passed, her sword that was unsheathed slowly retreating.

It was normal for Nie HuaiSang to Cross paths with someone who took the immortal path with him but never did he saw someone who still held on to their clan's traditions.

He was speechless, didn't know what to say or think as of that moment, while his gaze was still locked at the woman which soon drifted to the hilt of the sword she was holding.

"...Bichen?" He asked and step by step, slowly moved closer to her, his hand copying his movements but before his hands could touch Lan WangJi's sword, she slapped it away.

"sect leader Nie, I am Lan (Y/n), adopted daughter of Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. Please know that this is my father's sword and the only thing left of him, so it's natural i protect it. Pardon my rudeness and I hope you understand." she ended her explanation with a bow.

"Lan (y/n)...? I never heard they took in another child..." He whispered the last sentence but Lan (Y/n) still heard him.

Before he could confirm this was all a joke, he looked at her once more before asking, "Do you know Lan SiZhui? How about your 4-5 thousand sect rules? Wei-Xiong and HanGuang-jun's love story?"

With still no emotion on her face, she straightened her back and began answering her questions so stiffly.

While answering, Nie HuaiSang couldn't help but smile and thought, 'So proper. Definitely taught by HanGuang-jun. Poor Wei-Xiong didn't get any of his traits on both his kids.'

"Ok ok. That's enough. I guess you aren't joking after all. Tell me, why are you still up here? And why are you still wearing that useless forehead ribbon and mourning clothes?"

"I had promised HanGuang-Jun to always stick by the Lan ways when I was young. When they died, I decided to ascend to immortality for them along with Lan SiZhui...but he sadly failed and now, I'm the last true Lan left in here," her story was heartbreaking but kind of stupid.

Promises are meant to broken, and what she did was rather risky. Ascending to immortality takes alot of practice and patience, thankfully she made it.

Nie HuaiSang thought, 'Well, she was raised by the two well known and powerful cultivators since young. unlike SiZhui who was trained late, she had more chance to rise."

"Then Lan (Y/n). One more question." He pased around her for a bit then stopped infront of her.

"Mn?"

With a bright smile, he asked, "Come back to QingHe with me?"

⊱⋅ ────⋅⊰