Chapter 2

I grab my sack lunch from my new locker, which I hate! I walk out side and sit at the table far away from Cole and his 'friends'. I take out my peanut butter sandwich (I made myself) and took a few bites of it. Five minutes later Greg comes over and sits down. "Good to see you eat again man! You had me and June worry for a bit." He pull out his turkey sandwich and eat it. I just look at my sandwich remebering what happen.

June walk over and pat my head, "Who's a good boy? Huh, who's a good boy? You are! Good boy Max!" She said acting like I was her dog, Todo. No not the dog from the wizard of Oz. "So, have you read it?" June ask me. Greg look up "Read what?" he ask with a mouth full of his turkey sandwich. I shook my head no. I pull the little journal out of pocket. Ya it's small enough to fit in the back pocket of my jeans.

I sit it on the table "June I-" she try to grab it but I was to quick. Man she is such a book nerd! She try to get the journal, then gave me her puppy eyes. I could never say no to them. "Okay, okay. But I'm holding on to it. Who knows what you'll do to it." I said. She gave me a death stare, but she knows I'm right. Every time we get a paper to take home from school she'll leave it in her pants pocket, and it ends up getting put in the washer. I know this cause I was at her house when her mom got on her about it.

I open the leather book to the first page and read out loud "March 22, 1989, Hello my name is Mason Johnston, and I-" Greg put down his sandwich and said "Ironic? That's today!" Greg is a weirdo but we love him and his randomness. I notice Cole started to walk over here. I quickly close the journal of Mason Johnston, and put it back in my pocket before Cole came over here.

"Hey it's Greg and June right?" Cole ask with a evil look.
"Ya." they said.
"Well Greg and June. How about you guys leave this loser and sit with us cool kids?"
"What?" Greg ask, still letting everything sink in.
"No." June said coldly, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Cole look surprise that she said no. "W-what?!" He said surprise. I made a small laugh at the face he made. I can't begin on how to explain it, it was just to funny. Sadly Cole hear my laugh. "Bet up him up!" He yell at his friends, pointing at me.

I close my eyes waiting for them to punch my face. But they didn't. I open my eyes to see my classmates watching. "WHY AREN'T YOU BETTING HIM UP!" He yelled. One guy said "We can't. There are to many people watching." Cole's face turn red with anger. He got up and walk over to me. All man! Cole grab the collar of my shirt and lift my high enough we were face to face.

"What's so funny ***hole?" Cole ask me. I spit on his face, the regretted it. Cole took his free hand and whip the spit of his face. He rise his fist up and punch me right across the face. It hurt badly! I fell onto the ground, feeling the moist ground up against my face. I look at June and Greg , they both were be hold back by Cole's so call friends. I think I hear June and Greg call my name. I close my eyes and passout....