Chapter 2

My mum gets up "I'll go make breakfast Em, do you want pancakes?" She asks.

"Yes please mum!" I reply.

My mum then goes downstairs to prepare breakfast.

I get up and go over to the mirror on the wall, I stare at my reflection. Although I had brown hair and green eyes, I still had the same facial expressions and figure as my mum.

"Breakfasts ready" my mum shouts.

I run downstairs and sit down at the table, my mum then brings me over a pancake on a plate with lemon and sugar on, my favourite.

I eat my pancake and my mum drink her cappuchino.

When I am finished I go upstairs and make our bed then I go over towards my side of the wardrobe and I choose a blue dress and a blue blazer with my black high heels (blue for erudite of course).

My mum then walks in and stares at me "you look beautiful Em" she says.

"Thanks mum" I reply.

She walks over with the hairbrush in her hand then gestures me to sit on the end of the bed. I sit down and she starts brushing my hair, then braids it. When she has done she grabs my hand gently and pulls me up over to the mirror with her.

"What can you see in that mirror Em?" She asks.

"Me and you?" I reply.

"Sort of, I can see two beautiful young, intelligent women." she says.

I feel the tears building up in my eyes again, I try to hide then but i couldn't, they were pouring down my face now.

My mum turns me round and pulls me into a hug.

"Awh Em don't cry again, it will be okay you'll see" she says.

"But what if I get divergent? Will you kill me?" I ask.

"You know what my job is Emily I have to protect the city from divergents, which results to killing them" she replies.

"Knowing my luck I'll be divergent" I say moodily.

"Just think positive Em" she says.

Then the bell goes which means it's time to head of to the area you get your test done.