Chapter 5

I sit in the car, I couldn't move, I was too scared.

"C'mon Em!" My mum says, stepping out of the car .

"I'm scared mum" I reply.

"Aww c'mon, it'll be okay, just stay close to me" she replys.

I step out of the car and just as I close the door a factionless man comes towards us, I jump and run behind me mum quickly.

My mum turns round and looks at me "hey are you okay?" She asks.

"Not really I..." I start.

BANNNNGGG!!

I jump again, "what was that mum?" I ask.

"That was a dauntless soldier controlling the factionless Em". She replys

"Okay mum" I say.

Then she takes hold of my hand and leads me through the staring factionless until we get to a massive box thing. I look around me outside, the sight is terrible, I squeeze my mums hand. She then looks down at me and smiles and pulls me into the room.

"Em, come over to this computer with me" while leading me to the computer "can you understand what is on this computer?" She asks.

"Yes, I think so, is that a new serum you are testing mum?" I say eagerly.

"Yes Em exactly right!" She replys.

Then she taps some stuff on the computer whilst I look around the room.

"C'mon Em we're done now" she says and leads me out of the building to our blue car, I get in and she drives us home.

When we get home it's 10 pm.

"C'mon then Em you better go to bed so you're ready for tomorrow, I'll be up in a bit to make sure you're asleep, love you darling and remember whatever faction you choose, just make sure its the best choice for you." My mum says, she pulls me into a hug.

"I love you too mum" I say.

I then go upstairs to bed and put my pjamas on and brush my teeth and hair, I wash my face and get into bed.

Zzzzzzzz