Filter ~ Chapter 1

Jin's P.O.V.

It was a cold sunny morning. Oddly there wasn't any wind which was off putting. The building in front of me looked cozy and inviting, while looking menacing and grimace at the same time. It was an odd feeling.

"Well here we go again" I quietly mumbled to myself.

I wasn't a morning person...AT ALL. My classes all started at 8:30 and it was currently 8 so I had some time to kill.

Slowly walking through the hallways hearing the typical music they played through the speakers. At this point it was just background music to the chaos of everyday.

'And to think I actually liked this song' I thought.

Today had a weird but nice vibe to it. I never really stuck around after school or payed much attention while I was in it to be completely honest, but I have to admit it's beautiful. Lush green grass carpeted the fields, a pond nearby with Koi fish inside swimming elegantly, the calm subtle noises of the birds chirping on nearby trees and the soft warming rays of light hitting the area making it shine.

"It's so calming" I said as I let out a sigh. I didn't get to just sit around much, with after school classes, private tutoring, and my own interests and hobbies my day was pretty much plagued with stuff to do. It's very rare for me to just sit down and enjoy the silence.

Solar's P.O.V.

There he was. Just sitting there....

'He's never like that' I thought.

While I was lost in my thoughts, he noticed me and was just staring. After snapping back to reality we just looked at each other.

"What?" I asked

"Nothing, you just look really nice today" he said and I blushed

"You do too" I said embarrassed. He started chuckling

I went and sat next to him. I didn't really come early that often because my house was far from the academy, but I'm glad I did today. We didn't say anything, just sat there appreciating the peace. I didn't even notice how fast the time had passed as it was already 8:20. 

"Jin-ah, we need to go, its 8:20"

"Ugh do we have to?" He complained

"I mean unless you want your mom to yell at you like last time"

At the thought of that he got up and ran inside. I chuckled.

Jin's P.O.V.

'Solar'

The thought of her kept spinning in my head.

At my school I was known as a guy who typically doesn't care for others and what they decide to do. It wasn't like people didn't like me, the whole school did apparently, but I just didn't like most of the kids who went to my academy; although I did appreciate the popularity.

Solar was a bit different from other girls. She was smart, shy, and cunning. She knew when to keep her mouth shut but that didn't mean she was scared to call someone out. I had known her since secondary when my friend told me to prank her.  I "accidentally" spilled a cup of juice on her dress. I chuckled a bit when that memory hit me. Anyways....The principle made us both clean up the mess and we hated each other for a bit, but then we eventually started getting close and became friends.

I don't know what to feel about her. 

She's just special I guess. 

We headed to class as it was about to start in a couple minutes, talking and complaining along the way.

Finally getting to my classroom, I stepped inside to see everyone staring at me. "What?" I said

I turn around and see my teacher, with her disappointed face on full blast.

"Mr.Jin, do you possibly know what time it is?" She said with a sassy tone

"8:30?"

"No, its 8:32! I'm going to have to mark you absent again"

"But why? I'm only 2 minutes late, you haven't even started class yet" I said annoyed

"Are you talking back to me?"

"no" I said as I sighed and just took a seat

The day passed by quicker than normal and it was already third period. I don't enjoy math but I don't mind it. I put my head on the table for 2 seconds before lifting back up and had no idea what we were doing. 

'Ugh I hate high school' 

I was passed out in the middle of class when the teachers line on the desk started screeching.  I can tell I wasn't the only one because everyone looked kinda surprised and annoyed. 

I couldn't really tell what the convo was about but my teacher was just saying yes a lot. 

She was on the phone for about 10 minutes and by this point everyone in class was curious about what was so important. She took a couple more minutes on the phone and finally put it down. She seemed like she was walking back to her desk when she stopped right in front of mine. 

"Jin, you need to go to the front office" She said with a smirk

"ugh"

Solar's P.O.V.

I saw Jin walking through the hallway with a very annoyed look on his face. It's not like it's his first time getting in trouble and going to the office, but it stills worries me every time it happens.

Jin's P.O.V. 

It felt like I walked forever. My classroom isn't that far away from the main office but me being sleepy didn't help. I pushed the big metal doors, which were freezing cold, and walked into the office....only to see my DAD?!

"Uh dad what are you doing here?" I said hesitantly

"Just here to talk to your principle about the change" 

"What change?" 

I was genuinely curious now. 

"Jin, your transferring to a new school" He said firmly

"WHAT"

1st Chapter Guysss!!!

I know that this first chapter might've been a little bit boring but it's only setting up the arch for the story, along with the characters. I thought I would leave you guys on a cliffhanger cuz ~suspense~ idk lol. I'm also extremely sorry for not updating for about 2 weeks, I have exams soon and I've been super pressured with studying but I finally found some time to finish off the first chapter. I'll probably upload chapter 2 in about a week or so.  Super excited to see where this story goes...new characters being added next chapter btw.... Anyway's just wanna thank you guys for reading! Peace stars✌️