Coffee Cake Mix |Doppio Vinegar|

It was another typical Monday as you strolled through the aisles you'd memorized by heart, starting on the right and making your way around the perimeter, before zigzagging through the middle aisles

Walking through the aisles, you'd took note of all the items that needed to be restock and replace, as you calmly made your way over to the baking aisle.

"C-come on..just a bit more." You heard a male voice say and looked to see a boy with lavender hair, wearing a purple sweater reaching for a box of cake mix.

You tried your best not to laugh and appear rude at the sight of him standing on his tippy-toes, trying to reach the top shelf.

Averting your eyes as you approached him from the side, you looked slightly ahead of you, hoping that he won't notice you and continue with his goal at grabbing that box of cake mix.

Compared to you, he was perhaps a centimeter shorter than you.

You'd continued to glance at him from the corner of your eye, silently routing for him not to give up on his task.

You'd heard him let out an excited "ah ha" as his fingers lightly grazed the box. Unfortunately, the box seemed to have other ideas as it fell over backwards onto the shelf, making it impossible for him to reach it now.

The boy gave a defeated sigh, as you could clearly see that he was sadden, disappointed even.

Indeed the look on his freckled face, tugged at your heart strings.

"Here, let me help you!" You say, as he glanced towards you, so that both of you were facing each other.

A small blush dusted his cheeks, obviously he hadn't noticed you standing there as he watched you press a foot down onto the bottom shelf, using it as a ladder to reach the top shelf.

Why didn't he think of that?! That could've made his task much easier!

"Here you go." You say, giving him the cake mix, not before reading the brand.

Apparently, it was coffee cake mix, which explains why he wanted it so bad, instead of the others.

"T-thank you!" He says, taking the box from you. His marigold eyes not leaving you.

"No problem." You smiled at him , before walking away.

However, what you didn't know was that this isn't last you'll be seeing him.

--

You didn't expect to always see him at the grocery store, everyday at 6 pm.

But as fate would have it, you'd always seemed to bump into him no matter where you go. Whether it be in the frozen foods aisle or the deli, you kept on running into him from time to time, that you kinda have almost memorized what he buys weekly.

You almost wondered he might actually be stalking you.
Then again...a coincidence?

After a moment or two, you lost sight of him! You glanced around, trying to see where he went, but couldn't find him.

"Clean up on aisle seven!" You heard the intercom boom, and looked to see that you were near aisle seven.

Once you'd turn the corner, you gasped to see the boy, only he was laying on the floor with a several cake boxes scattered across the floor.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay, Sir?" You'd asked, helping him up.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay." He says.

You took note of the broken shelf, it seems like he tried to climb it to reach the top shelf, just like you had done. It must've collapsed under his weight.

"Are you sure? That was a pretty nasty fall." You smiled, rubbing his head.

He blushed, looking at you. There was a spark in his eyes as he gazed at you lovingly.

"I-I'm fine...I was just trying to get that box of cake mix." He says, looking away from you in embarrassment.

How cute.

"Sorry about the mess. I was trying to get it myself, without asking you for help." He explains.

You shook your head at him, before saying, "It's fine..but you could've asked someone else to help you."

"I-I did, but they just..." He tried to explain and realization hit you as you glance towards the cake mixes and the shelf.

You hadn't realized that the brand of cake mix he'd often buy weren't on the shelf with the other brands.

Someone must've stocked them wrong!

"I see," you say before picking up the cake mixes and putting them back on their proper shelf.

"There! Now you don't have to reach for them." You turn to smile at him.

The boy blushed, but nonetheless smiled back at you.
"Grazie, y-you're ever so kind, Miss...? He glances down at your name tag.

You blushed a little when he leans his face a bit too close to your chest as he tried to read your name.

"(Y/n)...pretty name!" He commented.

"Oh, thank you!" You grin abit, giving him a coy look. "Same goes to you as well, Mr..."

"D-Doppio." He smiles happily.

You start to realize how fucking cute he is. Little freckles dotted his cheeks, the way his bang was styled into a cute cowlick as you then analyze what he's wearing and observe how cute he looks wearing a crop top.

"That's a nice name. So you must really love coffee cake, since I'd notice you always choose that brand of cake mix?"

A tiny blush dusted his cheeks, "Y-yeah, I actually like...the taste of the cake batter!" He confesses.

"I-I don't really k-know how to bake a cake! Is that strange?" He looked embarrassed.

"No, not at all! Umm...you do realize there's instructions on the back of the box that'll show you how to bake a cake." You pointed out.

"Ah...oh that's...wow I forgotten all about that!" He says in surprise.

He was just too cute as you couldn't help but giggled at his expression.

"Thanks for reminding me!" He smiles bashfully.

"No problem-" you started when suddenly Doppio's expression went blank.

"DURURURURURU!"

The sound mimicked that of a telephone caught You off guard. You nearly panicked as the strange sound left his mouth as Doppio then placed the box of cake mix against his ear!

"Hello?...Yea boss...Right away!" He says.

You blinked in absolute confusion at the sight of him using the box and talking through it like a phone!

"Well, I have to go now. My boss doesn't like it when I'm late!" He expression was back to normal.

"I was nice meeting you, Miss (Y/n)! And thanks for your help!" He smiles before leaving.

You watched dumbfounded as Doppio took his leave.

Just what the hell was that all about?!

<End>