Candy Apple Promise [Josuke Higashikata]

"What the actual hell?" You muttered, staring at the (f/c) box with a big ass pink bow on

The delivery man had handed it to you, before departing, leaving you staring at the rather carefully wrapped box.

"I don't remember ordering anything?"

You examined the box, it didn't feel heavy as you shook it slightly. You heard multiple objects rattled from within. They didn't sound fragile to be glass.

You scoffed and finally noticed the tiny name tag hanging off the box, that read...

'❤Josuke;)'

"It's from Josuke." You chuckled. "Wonder what the dork sent me this time? I hope it's not another My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic collectable again."

Chuckling to yourself, you sat the box onto the coffee table and finally began to pull the bow and wrapping paper, leaving the box top bare.

You pulled the cardboard flaps open and looked inside only to gasp in surprise.

Inside were 8 beautifully wrapped candy apples. Each with one coated in different colors and only 2 of them were caramel drip in milk chocolate and nuts.

Indeed, you felt like a kid in a candy store.

"Aww, Josuke!" You blushed.

Of course, only he could send you such a sweet gift.

You and Josuke have been together since high school and were now attending college.
He had been excited when you told him you made honor roll 8 times. So explains why he sent you 8 apples.

"I take it, you'd like my gift?" Josuke's voice said beside your ear, scaring the ever-loving shit out of you.

"JOJO~!" You jumped as he grinned at you moronically.

"Holy mother of christ, don't do that. Geez, almost gave me a heart attack!" You panted, back pressed firmly against the sofa as your heart raced on.

"Are you trying to kill me?!"

"Nooo, I'm tryna be sweet!" He winked.

Now calm, you stared at him and sighed, before pulling him down for a hug, in which he gladly accepted.

"You, are the biggest dork I know." You finally said, a tiny smile breaking on your face.

"But you are sweetest dork I could ever ask for? Cause if not, I may have to use the return address." You joked, twirling a lose strand of hair of his precious pomp.

"Oh I know I am. That's why I'm here to be your dork forever." He said cheekily.

Your expression seemed confused, and his fail to drop a reasonable hint made him sigh.

"I mean like... I promise to be yours forever."

"Josuke what are you saying?" You asked, the whole thing still going over your head.

The longer this went on, the redder Josuke's face got as his plan of doing this in one smooth movement, was failing miserably once he realized he'd had to man up and be more specific.

"I mean I... I want to marry you (Y/n), and be husband and wife...once we graduate from college...and university. You know, be together until we breathe our last breath. T-that's what I mean." He finally said quite nervously.

Now your own face shaded scarlet as you stared at him, heart kicking back up into an unnecessarily fast pace once again.

You covered your mouth with your hand as you stared, him feeling a little defeated as he sunk into the sofa, whilst muttering something like 'too straightforward' to himself.

Behind your hand though your shocked expressing, had turned into a little smile as you giggled a bit, bubbling with a little joy.

Reaching into the box, you pulled out a candy apple and ripped the plastic off it. You then grabbed Josuke by his collar, pulling him towards you.

"JoJo, I love you, and of course I would be happy to share that kind of life with you. I would want nothing more than to be your wife someday. However, what you're asking is a little too much. Let's not rush things to quickly, ok."

"Babe!" Josuke said shocked, this is the reason why he fell in love with you. The reason why he loved you. You were always so patient and understanding, that it often made him feel like he was unworthy to even call himself your boyfriend.

"So, starting now, let us take this candy apple and make a promise that we'll continue our relationship as girlfriend and boyfriend until then. And that no matter what comes our way, we'll face it together."

"So basically, we're using the candy apple as a promise ring?" Josuke raised a brow.

"Well, back in the middle ages, couples who bit an apple together, we're said to get marry. Apples symbolizes love and a healthy relationship." You say.

Suddenly, Josuke leaned in and kissed you...

Hard.

Completely caught off guard as tongue and teeth clashed against one another.

Your whole face was on fire once he pulled away.

"Apples also symbolize lust and temptation. Best not to lead us into it, babe." He smirked devilishly before pressing the apple to your lips as he did the same on the other side.

"Here's to our love!" He said as he then bit into the apple, teeth breaking through the candy.

Having snapped out of your daze, you also bit into the apple. The candy sticky on your teeth as you chewed.

With his arms around you, he rubbed the small of your back as you relaxed against him, both of you eating the treat together and, you melting into his embrace.

"You know, you could've gotten the caramel and chocolate one!"

"Shut it, Jojo!"

<End>