Chapter 1

Tre staggered to the kitchen. "Morning..." he said to his cat Fiona. She meowed and jumped on the counter. "Down." He said sternly. Fiona purred. He pushed her down and poured a bowl of cereal.

Near 11:00 am the house phone rang. "Hola" he sang into the phone. "Hey Tre. It's. Billie." Billie said on the other side of the phone. "sup man?" He asked. Billie sighed into the phone. "I messed up. Bad.". Tre smirked. "YOU messed up? Well who could of thought..." Tre joked. "I cheated on her." Billie blurted. Tre gulped.

"How and with who?" He asked suddenly. "Lady Cobra. I slept with her. I didn't mean to!" Billie explained. Tre scratched his head. "She know?" He asked. "No.". Tre laughed. "damn man." He said quietly. "I know..."

"Come over." I told him. "It'll be way easier." He sighed. "But you'll kill me if I come over." He said quietly. "I won't. Promise." I heard him sigh with relief. "..'kay." He said.

Billie hung up, I only assume he is coming over. I sat down and rubbed my glazed over, morning eyes. I stood up and decided to get dressed. I ran to my room and grabbed a pair of red sneakers; black shorts; last night on earth T-shirt. Fiona strolled into the bedroom whilst I was putting my pants on. "Aw, you a little pedo cat?" I asked.

"You wanna see me put my pants on? huh? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?" She meowed. "You're sick. You're a sick cat." I picked her up and walked into the living room. I sat down on the couch and petted Fiona. I turned on the T.V and Jersey Shore was on. "CHANGE IT CHANGE IT CHANGE IT!"

I yelled, finding the remote and flipping it to the news. "A car has crashed into a local Walmart near Bombay beach, The man was found dead-" I gasped and jumped up, nearly throwing Fiona off my lap. That's the walmart near my house, literally down the street. Billie always goes past there! I heard a knock at the door. I ran over and flung it open. "Um. What?" Billie asked me, confused.

I threw my arms around him. "I thought you were dead!" I told him. He patted my back, awkwardly. "Well... I'm not." I laughed. "Sorry man." I let him go. He walked into the house and sat on the couch. "Explain." I said sternly. He nodded. "Remeber when we were recording Nightlife?" I nodded.

"Well, she was flirting with me," He wiped his chin. "And When we went out to the bar well-" He stopped. I snorted. "She is such a whore." He laughed quietly to that remark. "If I wasn't drunk you know I would of never done that to Adrienne!" He pleaded. I patted his shoulder. "It's okay man. She doesn't know, so-" He held his hand up. "I can't not tell her Tre."

I coughed. "Damn." I said, knowing I was getting sick again. "Ew stay away!" Billie said, scooting to the other side of the couch. I wiped the hand I coughed into on his arm. "Now what?" I teased. "God damn Tre!" He yelled, punching my arm. "She threatened me Tre." I squinted.

"Whatcha mean?" I asked. "She said she will tell I slept with her if I don't give her a record contract with Adaline records." I smirked. "That's looow." I smirked. "Glad you didn't..." He laughed awkwardly. "I already, Uh, did." I sat up straight. "What!?" He nodded yes. "Damn Billie.." He hung his head.

"What if she tells anyway?" He said, burying his face in his hands. "She won't. I will make sure of it." He began to cry a little. I rubbed his back. "Come on man, don't get all emotional." He wiped his eyes. "Now go fix your mascara, lady." He laughed a bit then stood up off the couch. "I gotta go." I nodded.

"Traffic is gonna be tight because of that Crash." I told him. "Best to take the back road to just avoid it." He looked out the window. "Yeah, you're right. Bye man." I waved. "bye." He hugged me then walked out the front door. I shook my head. "This is some crazy shit."

-Next Morning-

I woke up with Fiona laying on my chest. I smirked at her then picked her up slowly and put her on the pillow next to me. I sat up and picked up my cell phone. 2 missed calls. I looked at the first missed call. Billie. The second one was a unknown number. I decided to call Billie back. "Hello!" He sang.

I looked confused."Uh hey. Having a good day?" I asked. "Yeah, you?" I shook my head. "I just woke up." He sighed. "Well good Mornin' Tre." I laughed. "Morning." I said scratchily. "Sick?" He asked. "Sick." Billie laughed. "Hey! It sucks!" I scolded. He stopped laughing. "Sowwie!" I smiled.

"So, not feeling bad or..?" I asked him. "No. I'm trying to forget it for a bit." I nodded. "Good idea." I said. "So why did you call me this morning?" I asked Billie. "I was gonna tell her, but nevermind it." He said. "Ah okay. Well, I gotta get up and awake man." Billie chuckled. "You do that. Bye." I smiled. "Buh-bye."

I hung up and got out of bed, still wearing what I was wearing yesterday. I sniffed my shirt. "Still clean." Fiona looked at me, head tilted. "Don't judge me!" I yelled. I swear, that cat puts up with me too much. "Kitteh poo! Hey der!" I said in a baby voice, picking her up. I scratched behind her ears. She purred with delight as I put her down. My phone rang. I jumped, unexpecting it. I fell in love, but it didn't catch your fall... Played as my ringtone. I rolled my eyes and jumped over my bed, grabbing it.

"Helloo?" I asked. "Tre?" An unfimiliar girl voice asked. "Uh, yeah who's asking?" I heard her sigh. "Callie. Callie Echo." I almost swallowed my tounge. Callie was the girl I fell for so hard when I lived in Florida. I was 22 at the time and I was too afraid to tell her how I felt.

My heart beat faster and my palms were sweaty. Why is she calling me? I thought we parted ways;our friendship was over! "C-Callie?" I asked. "Yeah. It's me." She said. My stomach turned. "How did you-?" I took a breath in. "What's up?" I said. "I know we havn't talked for a long time. My b-brother was good friends with you." She said, slowly. I nodded. "Yeah, Curt." She sighed. "He.... He died." She said, trembling. Fear registered on my face. "When?" I asked quickly. "Yesterday. He was actually on his was to meet you." I pressed the phone tighter to my ear. "where?" She sniffled.

"He crashed at the walmart." I almost dropped the phone. I gasped. It wasn't Billie, It was Curt. I gathered myself. "I'm so sorry Callie." I said quietly. "I just want to see you again," She quivered. "Please come to California. For his funeral. For me." She asked. I sighed. "Anything for you Callie." I grabbed a shoes and put them on. "When do I come?" I asked, running to the kitchen. "Now." She replied.