Chapter 2

I woke up in my bed and stretched. After taking a shower and putting on a black dress, I went downstairs and turned on the tv to the news.

'As yet, there are no reports of any causalities and the police are unable to say if there is any suspension of terrorist involvement', the news reporter said.

I looked at the headline at the bottom of the screen and it read, house destroyed on Baker st.

I grabbed my coat and took a taxi to get to 221B. When I got there, it was a mess. I passed through everyone and went in. I saw John, Sherlock, and his brother. Sherlock's eyes darted to me.

'Robin, what are you doing here'?

'Came to see if you were still alive, obviously, I saw it on the news'.

'Of course, you did, gas leak apparently'. He turned his attention back to his brother. 'I can't'.

'Can't'?

'The stuff I've got on is just too big. I can't spare the time'.

'Never mind your usual trivia. This is of national importance'.

I watched as Sherlock pulled on the strings of his violin.

'How's the diet'? He asked his brother.

'Fine', Mycroft said sternly. 'Perhaps you can get through to him, John'.

'What'?

'I'm afraid my brother can be very intransigent'.

'I should go'.

'No, don't'. I turned back to Sherlock with a raised brow. 'Stay a little while longer'. He swallowed like he said something he shouldn't have.

'Sherlock, I really can't, I promise I will come by'.

'A mafia boss making a promise, that's something to live up to', Mycroft said. I rolled my eyes.

'I'll see you later, Sherlock'.

I went out onto the street and walked to the closest cafè. I ordered and stood aside, waiting. I looked down at the newspaper that was in front of me.

'I'm glad we got a chance to meet again'. I looked up and saw Mr Moriarty. I smirked.

'Hello'.

'Hi'.

'What are you doing here'?

'Same thing your here'.

'Obviously'.

'I would have never thought that a mafia boss would be as kind as you, anyone can mistake you as an innocent'.

'That's very kind of you to say but usually my hostages don't come back to me when they see me on the street, let alone a store, so why are you talking to me'?

'To ask you out'.

'And definitely, my hostages never would ask me out after what I did to them'.

'You'll be surprised who I really am'. I heard my name being called and took my coffee. 'So, what is it then'?

'I don't go out, Mr Moriarty, with anyone'. I walked out of the café, followed by Moriarty.

'Why don't you'?

'It makes me vulnerable with my work', I simply said. 'There will always be something that your enemy can control you with'.

'Maybe you're right'. I stopped and looked at him dead in the eyes. 'But just for me, you, me, dinner'.

'No'. I started to walk off again.

'You will one day, your highness', he called from behind me.

'Keep on dreaming, Mr Moriarty', I called back.