Romance under 600: Simple Solution

Simple Solution:

"Do I have to jump off a cliff just for you to say yes?" I couldn't scream anymore, my voice was lost in the abyss.

"You don't understand it, do you Kevin?" That's it. I heard no more of her since then.

Some say that being heartbroken is like a sign, you still smoke where it says 'no smoking' and you're the one angry when someone tells you off. What is it that makes me want her? Some say that it's stupid to want another girl who'll love you like your ex, because they'll break your heart like before. Those types of girls will break your heart so maybe move on, move forward. Stop asking why she didn't love you back because you know the answer, you just couldn't accept it:

She doesn't love you anymore.

*

Spring. The season for a new beginning. A never ending hurdle/college called once more and students were forced to wake up at am. Cooking breakfast as usual, Paulo dragged himself down the stairs in his blue boxers waiting for his 'maid' to bring him breakfast.

"I need my-" he yawned, "morning meal stat." Please Paulo, don't even think for a second that this is a free diner. I just grumbled and slid him a plate of eggs and cold beans.

"Let's remind ourselves that I am not a maid ok?" And with that I munched the sandwich and stormed past the beige sofa. Holding my green towel I stepped onto the shower. The steamy rushing water streamed down my hair. I couldn't remember the last time Frieda brushed her hands through them. I cut them last winter.

Clock strike eight whilst I was at the cafeteria.

"Kev, this is your third break-up. It's not ok, let me-."

"It's ok Cristina. I'm better off now." The scar remains but I shouldn't let myself indulge in those memories: it's been three months. The exit lead to the pathway surrounded with flowers and topiaries the gardening society established. It was so gorgeous specially in the lush sunlight embellished all over the campus today. The other end of the garden was the Humanities building, where my next class was in. 10 minutes. There was a fountain in the centre with surrounding benches, where Frieda and I used to meet up. When I looked around the corner heading to the fountain, Frieda saw me. She sat looking for someone, in her silk pink blazer, cotton snow dress and floral sandals. Lovely as ever. My heart struck. I fell on my knees, weeping. My knees grazed once more whilst I clenched my chest. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Tears pulled out of eyes. I couldn't breathe.

But someone pulled through. Hands of a goddess aided me up to stand. She grabbed my bag and offered medical help. 'I'm a medical student' , she breathed. My sight was a blur but the only thing in focus was her mellow voice. She held her hand with pills, familiar pills to me. Her hands firm on my shoulders, shaking me to consciousness. From a distance I could barely figure out Frieda arm-in-arms with a tall boy. My tears overflowed again, I couldn't help being miserable in the sight of her loving someone other than me.

"Hey, hey Kevin it's ok." Her caffine aroma smells so distinct. "Kev, her door is closed. Don't let yourself push through a barrier that won't budge. Just go back to the right path, ok?" Her smiled was so comforting. My feelings were above my head at this point. 

I kissed Cristina.

The coffee-girl was always there for me.

Title: Simple Solution

Author: @Presenting

Word Count: 598

Competition: 600 words of Love