Professor R.J Lupin

A/N: Thankyou for being so patient with me!!! I honestly lost all motivation with coming out of the harry potter phase, we all went through throughout lockdown, but I'm back! If you haven't already from my other story, please follow me so that I do not have to include authors notes as they will be posted as announcements.

--

It was Millie's third year at Hogwarts, and she was more than thrilled to be going back to school. Her summer started well; She had patched things up with Severus, resulting in a visit to the Malfoy Manor where Draco dropped too many hints about how good Millie was at quidditch and therefore needed a Nimbus 2001. The summer seemed to be one of the best summers she had had, although she still hadn't left the manor very much, she had a new broomstick which she spent most of her days practising on in the gardens.

Millie and Fred exchanged letters daily. Millie was truly envious of Fred's family; they were such a big, yet close, family and that was one thing that she had never had such memories of.

The family had been so lucky to have won the annual Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw, that they had all gone on a month-long holiday to Egypt. Fred had told her before that his older brother, Bill, was working in Egypt and she thought it was one of the sweetest things she had heard when she found out they were all going to visit him.

Of course, Fred's adventures in Egypt didn't stop him mailing Millie every day, he even sent her a photo taken of the family on their travels.

...However, the back and forth letters soon came to an end.

Millie's POV (flashback to the summer):

"Millie!" Severus called for me from the hall.

"Coming!" I shouted back, knowing dinner was most likely ready. Although when I came through the dining hall, there were no plates laid out, nor were there cups or cutlery.

"Is everything alright, Severus?" I asked with concern.

"Take a seat, before we eat there is something I must tell you." He spoke in his serious tone, but this tone was different, he seemed worried, concerned.

I sat down in my seat, before looking up at him to allow him to begin. "There is simply no way of sugar-coating this, Millie.. Your- um." He paused to correct himself, clearing his throat, "Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban- last week- the only reason I did not tell you sooner was simply that I figured they would have found him before now, but it seems he is nowhere to be seen at the minute."

I didn't know how to react. It should have felt like a lot, shouldn't it? But I felt neutral about the whole situation. I knew I should be on edge, or frightened, but the truth was I didn't feel anything towards the matter.

"Look, if you don't want to go back to Hogwarts this year-" Severus began.

"No!" I said, a little too loudly. "I'm sure I'll be fine, don't worry about me, Hogwarts is safe enough" I began assuring him so that he would allow me to return. I know he was only looking out for me, but starting the school year was the thing I was most looking forward to this year.