0

"They're coming!"

"Shut off all exits!"

"Mommy? What's coming?"

"A plague of darkness. They turn whoever they touch into stone. Come on, honey-"

"Where did they come from?"

"The one thing that all of Kumandra thinks that brings prosperity to the land; Dragons."

"AHHH!" She woke up in a cold sweat.

Who is she? An outlaw to the world of Kumandra, but to her knowledge, she was the 21st descendant of the Dragonslayers, and the last, at that. The last Dragonslayers were turned to stone, who they called, 'Earthbeasts', not knowing what they called them on the surface.

She threw her measly blankets off of her, and swung her feet off the bed, getting ready for the day.

All of her life, she was taught to hate dragons, even though they were turned to stone, before the Druun came back. She had always found a fascination in them and their magic. She had never seen one, she had dreamt of them, though in her dreams, they had seemed too real, too life like. And in her dreams, it wasn't her talking. It was someone else. Maybe a distant relative, for she recognised the walls of the cavern the dream took place in (except now its covered by artwork, telling the history of Kumandra, the Dragons, the Druun, and the Dragon Gem). In fact, she was living there, for the Dragonslayers resided there. The Dragonslayers had no official territory, but since no one else but them knew about it, they claimed it as their own and called it, 'The Soul of Kumandra,' for the underground cavern had tunnels that branched out from under the dragon-shaped river of a Dragon.

To the rest of the world, there was only Heart, Tail, Talon, Spine, and Fang, but for the Dragonslayers, Soul was another.

She concealed herself under a cloak, which was crafted carefully by the elders from chameleon skins and scales, which gave the cloak invisibility features. Why did she need a invisibility cloak?

She was going to look for water.