07 | Shotgun

HAVING SOME SHOTS OF champagne at might not be a good idea but Heiji needed the shots so she decided to enjoy the moment by herself, at her own place after buying a bottle of good quality champagne from the alcohol store. She didn't know what had happen to herself since the past few weeks. She wasn't the type of a person who drinks. But lately, she found herself drinking quite a lot.

She may need a therapist if this matter continues. Gladly she had a best friend, so that she won't have to spend so much money on getting a therapist. A loyal friend is enough.

With a sigh, she put the bottle on the table gently then walked to the kitchen to take a wine glass. As she sat on the comfy couch that had been with her for 3 years, she started to pour the liquor into the glass. She enjoyed the smell of the champagne. It smelled so expensive. Smelled like a $70 money.

Her thin fingers begun to wrap the glass then she picked the glass up and leaded it to her mouth. The bitter-sweet taste of the drink started to bless her tongue and throat and she closed her eyes to feel the taste. "It's worth the money," she commented with full of satisfaction shown on her face. Looking to the side, she saw the bracelet that belonged to the man who she saved from dying. She never had the chance to ask for his name. How funny that she didn't even know the name of the guy who literally slept in her house for two days.

With a scoff, she took the bracelet and stared at it. She spent almost two minutes staring at the bracelet. "This man is insane." She talked to herself while still looking at the bracelet and she spotted that there was a small charm shaped like a broken heart. Once again, she scoffed. But this time, with a little bit of annoyance. "Is this man broken or something? Impossible. Someone like him can't be broken. He's rude. He may be heartless," she rolled her eyes.

But.

She suddenly remembered the moment when she was peeking on him when he thought he was alone in the room.

[Flashback]

Heiji couldn't just sit while not knowing what had happened to the guy she had saved. She had to know what was the reason he was stabbed but she was too afraid to ask. So she decided to peek on him secretly.

She made sure to open the door quietly so she didn't make any sounds that would make him notice her presence. Then, she looked through the small space of the door to see what he was doing. He just sat on the bed while staring out of the window.

He looked sad, somehow hopeless at some point.

Breathing softly, she continued to observe his every movement. "The harder I try, the more I remember it." She heard him saying things she had no idea about. But the look on his face said it all. He didn't seem to be okay. She knew how he was feeling but at the same time, she was confused of why he acted like he didn't have feelings. Was acting heartless is a trend? Or something cool to do?

Didn't he know that— it's okay to not be okay sometimes?

She hoped he knows it.

[End of Flashback]

She blinked after remembering the moment. "Maybe it was a family matter or something. I shouldn't interrupt into someone else's business. He once told me that," she scoffed.

After finishing the drink, she refilled the glass as she was determine to sway the night away.

"I'm just gonna act like there's no tomorrow."