10 | Regret

I FOUND THE DIRTY bandage that I applied on my right arm had already changed, mysteriously. I didn't remember changing the bandage yesterday since I was sleeping. Remembering that I had a sleeping over at my place, I quickly sat up on the bed and looked at the clock.

It was 3 in the morning and I heard a sound of plates going against each other. She was probably doing the dishes. But— at 3 a.m? That's suspicious. I stood up and felt a bit dizzy but it didn't take me so long to stable
my own position as I walked out of my room and went straight into the kitchen.

As what I thought, she was doing the dishes while humming a song softly. It was weird that she got so comfortable to be at someone's house who she barely knows and she even willingly did the dishes. Not everyone would act like her if they were in her position.

I crossed my arms, "Are you a psychopath?" I asked and she slightly flinched because she thought that I was still sleeping. "No one does the dishes at 3 a.m." I added. After all, it was a fact.

She turned her head back at me before rubbing her chest using her wet hand. "I didn't see you there." She said and I scoffed. Of course she didn't see me, she was facing her back at me. "Did I wake you up? Sorry." She apologised. I didn't really like when someone is too polite to me. It made everything awkward.

"No." I replied shortly. "But I want to ask you a question," I added, "Were you the one who changed my bandage? It's obviously you because there's no other people in this house." My voice got deepened.

She looked at my freshly wrapped bandage and said, "You knew the answer, so why'd you ask?" I didn't expect her to roast me. Maybe she already knew how I would react and didn't want to seemed as someone who was too nerdy. "You'll probably get mad, I understand that. But your bandage was too dirty, you might get an infection. I can't let that happen. At least not on my watch." She said while washing the last plate in the sink.

Didn't hear of any words let out by me, she stopped the pipe from letting out any water then turned around to look at me. As usual, my face didn't have any emotions showing. If she was smart, she would get used to it and understand me. She sighed, "Look man, I know that you maybe don't lik—"

"Jimin." I randomly said and I could tell that she was confused when I suddenly said it. The face she threw had shown that she had no idea what was Jimin actually is. She didn't know that it was my name. "That's my name." I completed my sentence.

"Oh." She didn't know what to respond but deep inside, I knew she was surprised that I suddenly told her my name. Nodding, she flashed me her smile. For the first time in a while, someone smiled at me. I could feel the minor goosebumps when we made eye contact and she was still smiling at me. I quickly looked away. "I'm actually super glad to know that. At least I won't have to call you random names anymore."

"Tsk," I scoffed then walked away while she was silently smiling like a sheep.

"He finally told me his name." She mumbled.

It was only 6 a.m. and the girl was still sleeping. I think she fell asleep around 4 a.m. and didn't have enough rest. I wondered why she didn't sleep in the room next to mine when I've left the door open. Didn't she get it?

I sighed and let her sleep on the couch while I had to go out to meet someone. He already told me to meet him at the lobby early in the morning because he didn't want anyone to see us together.

Casually walking towards the door after grabbing my keys, I looked back at the girl for a few moment before letting out a soft scoff. Why'd she sleep like a child? The thought crossed my mind.