Chapter 1

Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugou had spent the day hanging out together, playing video games, and just talking. Reminiscing on their childhoods and discussing the future, the two were slowly regaining their bond. As much as he would hate to admit it, Bakugou actually liked spending time with Midoriya. That and he was the only one willing to hang out with him outside of school. Despite Bakugou treating Midoriya so harshly, the green-haired boy still stuck by the blonde, and though he would never admit it, Bakugou deeply appreciated it.

     It was about to turn midnight and Bakugou was already half asleep since he was used to laying down around 8:30. "Oi, we should call it a night," he said, only half-glancing at Midoriya and returning his eyes to the screen. 

     Midoriya turned to Bakugou, "Yea, you're right. Plus, you look like you're about to fall flat on your face," he said with a sleepy grin. 

     Bakugou glanced at him again, surprised by Midoriya's playful comment. The light from the television screen surrounded his face, making his features look warm and softer than usual. Midoriya rolled the sleeves of his sweatshirt up and grabbed the two controllers, placing them below the shelf beneath the television. Bakugou glanced at the now exposed arm, somewhat surprised at its width. Deku really has bulked up after we were attacked by that sludge villain. The two were applying to Yuuei, the top hero high school, so Bakugou assumed Midoriya was working out more on the off chance he would be accepted because of his physical strength, despite being quirkless. Bakugou rolled his eyes and sighed, remembering the many lectures and beatings he had given the boy, in hopes he would stop trying to pursue an impossible dream. He better not come crying to me when he gets rejected. But Bakugou had a sneaking suspicion that he would be more than willing to comfort the boy if that time came. He quickly shoved away the thought, unsure if he was uncomfortable with the idea of being affectionate towards the boy or his friend having his dreams crushed. The descent into darkness after the television screen was powered off snapped him out of his head. The moonlight pooled into the room welcomed now that nothing else hid it. The light painted everything silver, including Midoriya's once emerald eyes. 

     Bakugou stood, running a hand through his hair. "You take the bed. You are the guest," he said, his mother's voice echoing through his head. 

     "A-ah no, Kacchan, it's fine really. It's your bed," Midoriya stood with a nervous smile plastered on his face. 

     Bakugou scowled and grabbed a pillow and blanket from the closet, plopping them on the floor. "You. Bed. Now," he said, his eyes flashing with a common gleam of anger. 

     Midoriya gulped and turned to the bed. He stood there hesitantly, then ripped a pillow and the blanket off the bed. Tossing them on the floor beside his feet, he sat down, crossing his legs. He then glanced up at the blonde with a nervous but triumphant look on his face. Bakugou inwardly gawked at the boy's stubbornness. He was too surprised by the boy's opposition to retaliate, so he fluffed his pillow and laid on the carpeted floor. Deku gets pretty ballsy when he's tired. He laid flat on his back, crossing his arms across his chest, and gazed at the spotted ceiling. Soft images and thoughts of the boy lying not too far from him seeped into his mind, and he quickly shoved them from his mind, desperate to relieve his tired eyes. He flicked his eyes shut, frowning deeply as he did so until his mind slipped into the comfortable blackness.

A/N: Bakugo's secretly a softie and I will stand by this fact. Also, constructive criticism is welcomed, this is like the third fic I've written ever.