Derek - Gentle

When Scott became a werewolf everything seemed to go down, Stiles was roped into it all, and so were you.

Your two best friends couldn't hide it from you so they told you straight away.

The one thing they did tell you, stay away from Derek Hale at all costs, he was nothing but bad news, even when it was revealed it was Peter Hale causing everything, you were still told stay away from Derek.

It was stormy outside, there was warning out in place and everyone was told to stay in doors. You were sat in the living room, minding your own business when your door went.

"Give me a second!" You yelled.

Standing up, you stretched and made your way over, swinging it open with a yawn.

You blinked a few times, staring at the man at your door. He stared back just as shocked.

"Uhm.. Derek.. hi.. can I help you..?" You asked quietly.

"Are Stiles and Scott here?"

"No, they said they'd be back soon... dunno how long."

"Alright, thank you."

Derek went to leave and you acted before you thought.

"You can wait inside." You called.

He turned around and came back to your door, he was dripping wet and you stepped aside.

"Are you sure?"

You nodded and he came in, lingering in the hallway unsurely.

"Hold on.. I'll get you some dry clothes..."

You rushed upstairs and found the biggest shirt you could and some sweatpants from your guest bedroom and came back down.

"Here.. there's a bathroom upstairs to your left..."

"Thank you." He nodded.

He disappeared and you made your way back into the living room, grabbing your phone you saw you had a text from stiles saying they were staying at Scott's and would come by in the morning.

Gulping, you texted okay and set your phone down, paying attention to the TV.

Derek came wondering back in and shuffled around.

"You can sit down.. they said they'd be by in the morning.."

"I see, I can go. You're uncomfortable."

"Please stay, I don't want you getting hurt on your way home or anything.. it's fine.. plus I Uhm.. prefer someone here.. if you don't mind.."

Derek shook his head and sat down, glancing at your briefly before facing the TV.

A crash of thunder made you tense up, pull the blanket around yourself a little more.

Derek watched you carefully, you could feel his eyes burning into you as another sound of thunder rumbled right above you.

"(Y/N) are you scared of thunder?"

"Uhm.. not thunder so much.. just loud noises in general..."

"You know it can't hurt you."

"I know that." You huffed.

He chuckled softly and smiled a little at you.

"Don't laugh at me... bully.."

"Come on, you hang out with a werewolves, been in fights, the lot, and you're scared of loud noises?"

"They're just scary!"

Derek laughed again.

"Alright, Alright."

Time passed with some small talk, and you were getting jumpier with each roar of thunder and rush of wind against the house.

Derek tried ignoring it, but with every spike of your heart, and every visible jump he just couldn't.

He felt the need to protect you. He always had.

Standing up, you watched Derek intently as he walked over and sat next to you.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Hey..." you yawned.

Derek turned his body towards you and opened his arms.

"Come here."

You hesitated, you were warned about him, though you were talking to him not long ago.

"I promise I'm not going to hurt you. I know you've been warned about me.."

"Yeah... I have.."

"People talk, okay? That's what they do, I'm sure the things they said aren't good, but I swear I won't."

You jumped as wind smacked your house and you threw yourself into his arms, letting him wrap them around you as he leaned back into the couch.

"I'm going to cover your ear okay?" You nodded.

He placed one hand over your ear, and gently placed your head onto his chest, your other ear against his chest, you could hear his heartbeat as clear as day.

His chest rose and fell with each deep breath he took, you could feel your body relaxing.

It didn't take long for tiredness to take over you, and you quickly fell asleep, Derek not long after you.

Morning light hit your face, and you stirred, letting out a small groan.

Blinking your eyes open, you stretched slightly and felt your head rub against the fabric of a shirt.

Tilting your head up, you found Derek looking down at you.

"Morning..." he yawned.

"Morning..." you replied.

You sat up and he did the same, both of you simply just looking at each other.

Leaning forwards, you kissed his cheek lightly and climbed off the couch.

"Thank you Derek.. you're really not as bad as they say."