Chapter 15: New friends/old friends

PARKERS POV

"Cole please. I said I was sorry." I shouted at the outside of his door.

The door whipped open startling me.

"Would you shut up!" Cole said grabbing me and pulling me inside his house.

I stumbled inside as he shut the door behind me. "You're lucky my parents aren't home right now!"
He yelled at me.

"Cole I'm so sorry for everything I said. I know I'm a dumbass." I apologized to him.

I placed my hands on his shoulders but he refused to look me in the eyes.

"I know you've been through a lot Parker. I have my own problems clearly that I need to deal with, so until we sort out our priorities I don't think we can be together." He sighed.

Damn I missed hearing his voice.

It has been three weeks since we had our breakup fight.

"I completely agree. I'm not asking for a relationship, I'm just asking that...that we be friends." I told him letting go of his shoulders.

He looked confused for a second, but then nodded his head in agreement.

"So friends?" He asked.

I nodded my head and stuck out my hand.

"Friends." I said as he shook my hand.

We stood in silence for a minute, just looking at each other.

"Was there something else?" Cole asked glancing at a clock hanging on the wall.

"So I need a favor." I said slowly.

He rolled his eyes and said, "Of course you do."

"Hear me out, I have a plan to fix everything that has happened recently but it will only work if you help me."

He hesitated-but finally said, "Okay. I'm listening."

LILAS POV

I looked through Bens father computer at all of the files he had on the Carltons. The information he had was scary- from old school records to Fred Carltons first job. I don't know why I'm going through this stuff. Parker left three days ago to do something and I'm bored out of my mind. Maybe I'll find something to help get Aero back here. Although the police did look through this stuff and didn't find anything.

Think Lila, come on, think!!

Maybe it's not on his computer...

I looked around the office. Everything was a little scattered and nothing stood out.

Let's think of everything that happened...Bens father died last year...what events lead up to that?

Bens biological mom showed up and killed his father...Ben said he found an old photo album in his attic that lead to his real mom....so maybe the attic?

I walked out of the office and into the hallway. I pulled down the stairs from the ceiling. Dust flew around everywhere making me cough a little.

"Gross!" I whispered to myself.

I walked up the creaky steps into a small room filled with old boxes.

"If I was something important, where would I be?"

I looked through a couple boxes and didn't find anything that stood out. Some old photo albums and children's toys but no smoking gun so far.

Fucking hell!!!