Chapter 18: Rumor has it

AEROS POV

I texted Thomas two days ago and he didn't reply. I texted him twice yesterday and still no reply.

When I got out of bed this morning and got ready for my day I asked Aurelie if she has heard from him and she said she heard from him two days ago but nothing since.

I just wanted to talk to him to make sure we're good. I hate leaving things so awkward because I don't want him to hate me. I'm just not ready to any type of romantic relationship. But I do really like Thomas and hope we can still be friends. Well- unless he keeps purposely ignoring me.

In one of my classes earlier today we talked about post-colonialism in playwrights and I just know he'd be intrigued. I even checked the library and he wasn't there.

He's being a little bitch and ignoring me.

"Here you go!" Aurelie said entering our room. I thanked her as she handed me my tea.

"Ugh I can't write anymore." I said shutting my laptop.

I took a sip from my tea and ignored that it practically burned my insides.

A loud knock on the door startled both of us. Aurelie jumped up and ran over as the knock got louder.

"Would you calm the fuck down?" Aurelie said as Patrick ran into the room.

"No. No I can not. Not when you have the most popular person on campus in your room!" He said excitedly but out of breath.

They both turned and looked at me at the same time.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

He put his hands on his hips and looked at Aurelie. Aurelie looked back and him with a confused look.

"You're telling me neither of you have heard the rumor?" He asked seriously.

We shook our heads no.

"Well someone started a Rumor saying that the night of Sarah-Jesicas birthday party, a certain blonde freshman went into her parents guest room and made out with Louis! And by certain blonde, I mean our very own Nora!" He yelled pointing at me.

Aurelie's jaw literally dropped. My heart began to beat fast.

"What? Who started that?" Aurelie laughed and sat back on her bed.

Patrick leaned up against Aurelie's dresser and responded, "Jill Becker claims to have seen them. Saying that Louis paid her to keep quiet but when he didn't pay up earlier this week she snapped."

"Well that's ridiculous, people actually believe this?" Aurelie continued to laugh.

I threw my hands over my face and sighed. Aurelie stopped laughing and looked over at me.

"No way!" She screamed standing up.

"Girlllllll give me a high five!" Patrick said holding up his hand. I left him hanging until he awkwardly lowered his hand.

"Patrick shut up. Nora, is this true?" Aurelie asked.

"Kinda." I answered.

"Either you made out with him or you didn't!" Aurelie stated.

"I was really drunk, okay? And I didn't want it to happen, I pushed him away but he wouldn't listen. If Thomas hadn't walked in I don't know what would have happened." I defended myself.

"Wait Thomas knew?" Patrick asked almost a little disappointed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Aurelie crossed her arms.