Sandcastles

I was coming back from a work day full of meetings to my hotel room. So depressing, just to think I'm married, with a kid, but still need to live in a hotel room because my wife still hasn't forgiven me. When I turned the corner, I heard footsteps and tried to hide, I didn't want anyone recognising me. I carefully looked at where the noise had come from and I saw a pretty familiar pair of legs. I'd recognise those legs and ass anywhere. 

'Thanks Idris...Yeah I know...I'll think it over...' She was standing outside the hotel room door, she had been in there with him...My stomach churned, I was filled with this rage I never felt before, my wife, cheating on me? I tried to take another look but I couldn't see anything without revealing to them that I was watching. I heard them saying goodbye and then she started heading my way. I was going to confront her. 

'Hello my beautiful wife, what brings you here?' I tried to say sarcastically but it just came out petty as hell. When she saw me she jumped back and swallowed hard 'You looking pretty guilty' I said again, after the shock of seeing me she went back to her petty look towards me and tried to leave, but I gently grabbed her arm and led her to my room. 

'Let go of me Jay, you have no right!'

'I have every right, I'm your husband!' She didn't respond, I guess she realised how angry I was

'You fucked him? YOU FUCKED HIM?'

'Don't you talk to me like that!' She said almost tearing up, but I couldn't stop, the rage had taken over me

'I'm sorry, I mean did you make love to him? Is that any better?' I said ironically, she looked down, I grabbed her chin again 'DID YOU?'

She angrily took my hand away from her face and bravely said 'I think you know the answer to that' When she confirmed it I completely lost it, I grabbed my bag from the bed and threw it angrily at the floor, I also broke the hotel's lamp and if there was anything else to destroy I'd have. 

'Jay stop! You don't get to do that!'

'YOU DON'T GET TO CHEAT ON ME!'

'So only you get to cheat on me, uh? Is that it? Is that your sexism? Your male pride hurt?'

'Don't play the victim here, you are my WIFE! I made mistakes yes, but that doesn't give you the green card to do the same!'

She rolled her eyes. Now my rage was being replaced by this exasperating pain in my chest, I wanted to kneel and cry, but I held it in. 

'You are my wife! You can't go fucking other guys...It's been a while you don't give in to me' I said coming closer to her grabbing her waist

'Stop'

'I'm your husband and you haven't given in to me' I repeated 'Why don't we do it now uh? Since you are so kin to open your legs just to anyone? Open your legs to me too' After I finished the sentence I was surprised by a slap in my face that made my head turn, I looked back at her shocked and she slapped me again

'Don't you ever talk to me like that again!' She said with tears coming down her face. I grabbed her waist and laid her down on the bed and started taking her skirt off 'Jay...' She said, but I didn't want to stop, I needed to show her that she was still mine and mine only. I was on top on her taking off her shirt, while taking mine too, she offered no resistance to any of it. Her smell was driving me insane, such a funny thing being in love feels so animalistic sometimes. When I was about to thrust her she stopped me

'No, don't do it Jay...' I looked into her eyes trying to read her, then I kissed her and she kissed me back. Passionately, I started kissing her neck and then down to her breast which I knew she loved. I got back to the position of almost thrusting her when I looked into her eyes again and this time, without saying a word, she gave in to me, so I thrusted her. She gasped for air while clutching a piece of the bed's sheet. I kept it a good pace, until we were both connected in our breathing and moaning. I looked into her eyes again and kissed her forehead before turning her back so that I could fuck her from behind. I knew she loved this position as much as I did and soon enough she started screaming. I pulled out, cleaning myself on the sheets and laid next to her. I grabbed her so she would lay on my chest.

'You and me, there's nothing better than this. No...that man doesn't know you like I do' I said grabbing her face while caressing it. 

'Jay I... I didn't fuck him'

'What?' 

'I mean I was going to... But I couldn't go through with it' She said sitting down while covering herself with the sheet.

'Why not?'

'Because I'm an idiot! Because I still love you... So much' She said tearing up 'I just couldn't do it'  I sighed in relief and kissed her shoulders 'What is it about you that I just can't erase?'

'I put you in an African spell... You'll never get away from me' 

She gave me a weak smile 'And I didn't put one on you, that's why you don't feel the same way about me, that is why you don't love me as much as I love you'

'That is not true' I grabbed her face again 'I'm just not as strong as you, I'm weak. But I love you more than I could ever express, I love you and our child. You are the love of my life' She swallowed back her tears and looked away. Then she got up and started dressing. 'Bey...'

'I'm not that strong, I'm not strong enough to forgive you.' With that she left me again, that excruciating pain was back in its rightful place.