Blue's Choice

'I just can't deny it anymore' I thought when I puked for the 4th time in the last 15 minutes. I went downstairs to get some water, I was very dizzy and had to walk slowly. I was in the kitchen when I heard movement on the door

'MOM!' I said excited

'Hi blube...' When I saw he I immediately started crying 'What's wrong?' She asked me

'Mom....Where were you? Why were you gone so long? I needed you!'

'Ok, baby, I'm sorry, I'm right here! What are you doing up so late, where is your father?'

'I couldn't sleep, I'm too nauseous and I keep puking every 5 seconds...He's asleep' She eyed me suspiciously at the answer

'But...Is it food poisoning?' She asked, I shook my head and started crying again

'Mom I think...'

'Blue! But you haven't...You haven't...Have you erm...' She couldn't find the words, but I gave her just one look and she knew

'My period is late...' I mumbled

'Oh my God, I thought you and Bryan hadn't...'

'Bryan? Oh no, not Bryan...A lot has changed since you've been gone'

'You mean it wasn't...Who was it then?'

'Does it matter?'

'YES!'

'Well, his name is Jake...He's from Harlem'

'Harlem? Well then...'

'Mom, can we talk about this later? I have more pressing matters now'

'Have you taken a test yet?'

'No' I shook my head crying 'I couldn't do it alone'

'Alright, alright, we'll go up to the pharmacy and buy some, I'll stay with you' I nodded and dove into her embrace 'It's not certain yet, ok? It might not be it'

'I don't know...I just feel it, I feel something different, you know?' She looked at me and nodded

We spent the ride to the pharmacy in silence, tho I knew she was dying to ask me a million questions, my mother and I have a great relationship, I tell her everything...

'I wanted to tell you, but you were away, and dad was always lurking around when we talked on the phone and...'

'It's ok' She said a little be coldly

'Mom...'

'I just...I don't know why you were this irresponsible Blue...Did you at least use a condom?'

'No' I mumbled

'NO? Well then you were practically begging to get pregnant!'

'It wasn't something I planned, it just happened and...'

'This things have to be planned!'

'YES! Everything has to be planned uh? Everything, every ride to school, everyday, every vacation, every time we go out, it has to be planned, with loads of people and bodyguards tending to us all the time! When I met Jake he was different, he has a scholarship at the academy, he isn't rich, he lives in downtown LA for crying out loud! Which he took me to and it was great! Smelling fresh air for once!'

'Blue...'

'I know you don't like when I say this, but we are suffocated!'

'That is why we take trips on the boat and...'

'That is not enough! I feel like I've only been living since I met him, he brings out something I thought was dead in me'

'What's that?'

'MY YOUTH! The need to do something crazy, the rush to get out of the rules, getting out of the house without a bodyguard...Losing my virginity on the back of his car was the best thing I ever did and it felt great!'

She swallowed hard 'Well...I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, but being free doesn't mean being irresponsible, Blue! A condom wouldn't have killed the vibe or the rush of doing something wrong'

'I know, but we weren't planning on it...'

She didn't answer. We walked to the pharmacy which was empty, because it was 3 AM. We picked up 3 different tests and paid for them.

'Let's do them here' She said 'That way your dad won't find out this way' I nodded and we headed to the bathroom.

We stood in silence waiting for the result, the result I already knew.

'It's positive' She said, I felt my stomach freeze

'That sounds about right...' I said as I looked down 'What am I going to do mom? I am only 16'

She didn't answer again but pressed herself on the wall behind her, like she would fall if she didn't have that support.

'You have a lot to think about' She said suddenly 'C'mon, let's go home'

'Can't I have anything for the nausea?'

'No, it's better not to, it might affect the baby' Hearing the word baby made my stomach drop again

The ride home was completely silent, I had a lot to think about. I don't want this baby, I don't want what it will do to my body, I don't want what it will do to my life. I just don't want it. I didn't say anything to mom tho. She seemed exhausted and on the verge of tears. She was already controlling herself not to cry in front of me, imagine if I mentioned aborting her first grandchild.