2

Chaeyoung was sitting quietly at a table in the cafeteria for lunch, when she felt someone sitting beside her, placing a tray of food on her table. She turned to see the girl from earlier, Myoui Mina.

They sat in complete silence, just eating slowly, when someone shouted a name.

"Chaeyoung-ah!"

Startled, the names' owner quickly raised her hand up to the waving girl, Chou Tzuyu, who had a wide smile on her face, because of the sight of the other girl.

The said person, quickly sat in front of the small cub, quickly conversing with her, without the knowledge that a certain fuming penguin was glaring at her. After exchanging a few words, Tzuyu, stood up hastily, telling Chaeyoung that she would just be getting food and that she'll be back, right away.

"Why did you invite her?" She shifted to her right to see Mina glaring at her. She felt tensed because of the way she looked at her.

"But I didn't... Why am I always..." stuck in the middle of your sibling rivalry. She intentionally didn't finish her sentence, as she was afraid to offend the other girl, so she bowed her head down, looking at her fingers.

Myoui Mina and Chou Tzuyu were not really siblings, but cousins, but they were raised like siblings, as the latter was adopted by the former's parents, when her parents died in a plane crash when she was just a year old.

As they were raised together, the former couldn't help but feel jealous, having to share her parents' affection with someone else as she was growing up. It also didn't help how her parents, especially her mother favored the other girl, because she pitied her for being an orphan, unconsciously neglecting her own child sometimes. That's how their rivalry started.

" Chaeyoung-ah, have some more tonkatsu," the said girl was back from her reverie when she heard her name being called. She turned to her right, only to see Mina placing a piece of tonkatsu on her plate, smiling at her. She confusedly looked at the said person and back to her plate, before bowing her head again and frowning.

"This reminds me of the old days... You were so cute back then. Why'd you lose so much weight?" The other girl continued. Looking at the small cub beside her.

Chaeyoung was about to answer when a beaming Tzuyu sat in front of her, placing a strawberry milk drink in front of her. 

"Here baby cub, I bought you your favorite drink."

"Thank you, Tzuyu-yah!" She said smiling.

The latter found it cute, so she pinched her cheeks lightly, reaching over from the other side of the table.  "You're so cute! I'll buy anything for you, at this rate." 

She just pouted and scrunched her nose to this, becoming cuter than she already is, not realizing how much it irritated the person beside her.

"Ahem!" The said person fake coughed, still glaring at the person in front of them.

This got their attention, and the said tall person sat and turned her attention to Mina. "Oh, unnie,  I didn't notice you there." She smirked.

She just scoffed, looking beside her, "continue eating MY baby cub," as she motioned her to eat with her eyes. 

Being the obedient girl that she is, Chaeyoung continued eating, while Tzuyu just laughed a bit at her unnie's reaction before eating as well.

The table was then filled with random stories from Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who were trying to catch up. They had a lot of stories, especially because they have been apart their whole middle school, as MIna and Tzuyu had to go home to Japan, due to their parents' business matters. Mina just sat quietly, she's not really the talkative type. Clutching her utensils tight, not liking the interaction between the two. As much as she wants to walk out due to irritation, she didn't want to leave the cub to her cousin, so she just sighed, continued to eat, and occasionally  glanced over to Chaeyoung, smiling when the other does.

This went on till the end of their lunch break.