four

THE TRUTH

••••••••••••••••••S E R E N I T Y woke up to see a stake in her stomach

••••••••••••••••••
S E R E N I T Y woke up to see a stake in her stomach. She tried to remove it, but she was too weak. So she just laid there thinking of how she was gonna die. Then she was there. Ayana. Her ancestor. She was there running around the village. Could she hear me, Serenity thought.

"Ayana." She said in a low tone. Serenity knew she couldn't hear her so she yelled one more time. "AYANA BENNETT". This time she turned. They locked eyes, but Ayana turned away when she saw a man run to her.

"Ayana my love. Come this way. We need to flee." he said pulling her away. She shook her head and stopped him.

"Where will we go? My love, do you not understand they will do anything to kill our child.", she said pointing to her pregnant stomach. She then pointed to the fire and said, "she died for our sin Luci. How many more will have to die before we realize our mistake? We shouldn't have met. Witches and humans would stop at nothing to kill our baby once they get wind I made love with the devil. Our child could be used as a weapon. The witches will kill her once they find out your her father. They will know when she presents your traits."

"Then we bind it's demon side. We can still be together just listen.", he begged holding her face between his hands. She removed his hands from her face and she shook her head no.

"That's not how that works. Somewhere along the line someone in my bloodline will have her gift. And people will stop at nothing to kill her.", after she said that last line everything stopped. The chaos. The fire crackling against the burning woman's skin stopped.

Serenity looked down feeling herself heal. There was no stake. No wound. No blood. Nothing. She sighed in relief and looked around. She was in a field of purple flowers. Above her were Jacaranda Mimosifolia trees. The night sky glowed with the moon shinning bright. It was a beautiful sight.

"You're different from the other Bennett witches." A voice said. Serenity looked behind her and saw her ancestor, Ayana.

"Ayana. What is going on?", Serenity asked her my eyebrows while approaching her ancestor. Even though Ayana found peace she would always appear to Serenity in her dreams giving her advice. Always being her spirit guide. She trusted Ayana.

"You, my child are special. You carry the daemonium gene. You're closer to him than anyone else was. Even my own daughter Anna Mai, wasn't like you and she was from direct descent." Ayana told the girl. Serenity gasped and took a step back. Serenity had read about the gene. When a human bares a demon's child they're born with the daemonium gene. It's suppose to be a myth. But, if this year had taught her anything -with the unicorns, gargoyles, and dragons- maybe the daemonium does exist. But she knows the downside of having the gene. She'll be hunted. By priest, witches, and any other person who wants power.

In the tale the kill the children upon birth so they won't infect the world with their own spawn. The one child they didn't kill infected the earth with a thousand plagues, reigned hell on earth, and enslaved the human race within the first few months of the gene activating. They were able to kill the child, but earth wasn't able to be restored to its natural glory.

"No. That can't be. The daemonium gene doesn't exist. It's a tale to scare children. I'm just a regular tribrid like Hope." Serenity told her shaking her head in denial. "And your daughter was a cast away from the coven for murdering kids for power. I am nothing like her."

"No my child, you misunderstood me. Anna Mai was NOT evil because of the gene I kept hidden from her, but because she chose to be. The gene was only activated with you, because of how much dark magic flows through you veins. The Mikaelson magic alone is powerful, but the Bennett magic that flows through your veins makes you truly gifted. The gene wasn't supposed to get out of hand already, but when you took in your friends dark magic something snapped and the daemonium gene released its power fully into your blood stream." Ayana sighed and took a step towards Serenity. She looked to Serenity with pleading eyes, "When you wake up the dark magic in you will be fully gone, no side affects, but then you will have to go to Lucifer. He will help you. No one else can help you besides him. I must go I've been here too long. Goodbye Serenity", she waved as she slowly disappeared. Serenity sighed and tried to get ahold of her breathing. What is going on with me, Serenity thought.

Serenity turned around when she heard a cough. She turned to see a man with ginger hair with blue eyes staring at her. He was smiling at her and had his hands behind his back. I know that smile.

"Dad?"