Chapter nine: Trains and castles

Hermione gave her wand a wave. With the wand, Hermione smashes the window, she apologised then put the wand on the counter. Mr. Olivander told the young girl not to worry, then he pulled out his wand and muttered a spell the fix the broken window. The elderly wizard then gave Hermione another wand, asking her to try the other one he gave her. When she tried the wand, she felt a surge of energy give off her. She was now the new owner of that wand.  The wand was exactly 10¾ inches long. The wand was made of vine wood and possessed a dragon heartstring core. She knew that she should treat it well. She then thanked the man and walked behind Harry.

It was now Harry's turn. Olivander pulled out a wand and passed it to him. Harry already knew what to do, seeing from what Hermione did with her wand. He waved his wand. When he waves the wand, he accidentally knocks down a row of wands and he placed the wand on counter as well. He apologised just like Hermione did. Olivander, again, pulled out his wand to fix the mess. Then he gave Harry another wand to try. Harry gave this wand a try like the other one and ended up breaking a vase of flowers. Olivander went to the back to get another wand but before heading back to Harry, he thinks for a second while looking at a wand.

"Hm.. I wonder..."  Olivander thought out loud quietly.

Olivander soon returned to Harry. After trying this one, he finally feels the same surge of energy that Hermione felt when she first held her wand. The wind blew in his black untaimed hair, and the force of light shinned on him when he waved the wand. He now owned that wand. It was made of Holly wood and exactly 11 inches long with a pheonix feather core.

"Curious, very curious indeed, Mister Potter." Olivander said to him

"What's curious?" Harry asked, unsure of what he meant.

"I remember every single wand I've ever sold, Mr Potter. Every single wand. And it just so happens that the pheonix, whose tail feather resides in your wand, gave another feather. Just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand, when its brother gave you that scar. The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why. But, I t think we can expect great things from you, Mr. Potter. After all, He-who-must-be-named did great things. Terrible but great things." Olivander said, patting Harry on the back.

Hagrid came back with a white owl for Harry. He was happy and appreciated what Hagrid did for him. He decided to call the bird Hedwig. Harry was now the new and proud owner of Hedwig. Hagrid then took Harry and Hermione to King's Cross Station.

Hagrid handed Harry and Hermione their tickets. He told them to stick to their ticket so they wouldn't get lost. Harry held the ticket while both him and Hermione looked down to read it. It read platform  9¾ quarters. The children looked up from their ticket, saying that there was no such thing as platform 9¾ , but once they looked up, Hagrid had left them.

Harry and Hermione both had gotten lost without someone to guide them. Until they had seen a family of redhead who seemed to know where the platform was. So they decided to follow them. The twin redhead boys ran straight into a wall. Harry and Hermione both thought it unusual.

"Excuse  me," Harry started as he and Hermione walked up to the family of redheads.  "Can you tell us h-how t-to-"

"How to get onto the platform? Yes, it's Ron's first time as well." The mother was so kind to Harry and Hermione.

Ron Slightly smiled at them.

"Right, now all you two have to do is run straight at the wall between platform 9 and 10. Best do it in a bit of run if you're nervous." She told them.

Harry looked at Hermione, "Together?" He stuck his hand out for her to take it.

"Together." Hermione ran with Harry, holding his hand.

Harry and Hermione ran through the wall together, hand and hand. The were intrigued by the black train. They got on the train and found a seat. Hermione hugged Harry tightly. Five minutes later, Ron the redheaded freckled boy whom they had seen earlier was at the compartment door. He asked if he could join them since everywhere else was full. They both shook their heads, saying that they didn't mind then the gestured toward the seat across from them.

The boy looked at them. "I'm Ron by the way, Ron Weasley."

"I'm Hermione Granger." Hermione said, smiling.

"I'm Harry. Harry Potter." Harry showed no emotion.

Ron was completely shocked when Harry said his name. He asked if he really had the scar, Harry chuckled and pulled back his hair, revealing his lightning bolt shaped scar to Ron. The elderly woman came 'round with the trolley of sweets. She asked if anyone wanted anything. Harry and Hermione didn't want anything. Ron pulled out a sad corned beef sandwhich and denied, but since Harry was generous, he decided to pay for some candy for Ron. He very much appreciated the favor but he somehow felt guilt when Harry paid for it.

It was now time to change. But Harry nor Hermione knew if there was or where the bathroom was located on the train. Ron went to another compartment to change. Harry looked at Hermione awkwardly. He would have to change in front of her with her eyes closed and her the same with Harry's eyes closed. Harry told Hermione not to look, she nodded. Harry turned around and started undressing himself. He took off his shirt. He took off his jeans. Hermione was just too curious. She opened one eye, secretly peeking at Harry as he pulled up his black trousers. Then he put on his shirt, tie, and robes. Then it was Hermione's turn to get dressed. Harry turned his body toward the window and closed his green eyes. Unlike Hermione, Harry did not peek at her as he thought it would be invading her privacy.

*Time skip, I wanna fast forward the story a bit.*

At the hogwarts corridor entrance, a tall and stern looking woman with black hair drawn in a tight bun under a witch's hat had welcomed the new students. Her name was Minerva McGonagall. She was the deputy headmistress of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Before showing the eleven year olds inside, she made a quick statement.

"Welcome, first years. In a moment, I will lead you into the great hall where you will be sorted into your houses, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. When you are sorted, your house will be like your family, school triumph will earn you house points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points." McGonagall was very clear in her words.

McGonagall walked into the Great Hall and closed the doors behind herself. Harry, Ron, and Hermione started talking amongst themselves. It was only then that a platinum blonde haired boy with grey-ish blue eyes walked up to them.

"So it's true then, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." The boy said, causing Harry to turn his head towards him and other students started muttering. "This is Crabbe and Goyle, and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

Ron snickered because his name sounded funny to him, causing him to turn his head towards Ron.

"Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." Draco said with disgust, causing Ron to look down in shame.

Draco then turned turn to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there." Draco extended his hand for Harry to accept his friend request.

Harry denied. "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." He then walked away from him.

That's it for this chapter, I really hoped you enjoy this one. Make sure to smash a like and comment down below. Next chapter will began at the sorting ceremony. Peace!